mtbr member

It's REIGNing koas....help!!!!!!

Hi, to fellow giant owners and ponderers, just built up my reign, I am still to pick a fork so at this stage i have the minute 1 off my VT up front. This is where the dramas begin, I have gone over the bars 3 time in two rides, all due to log roll overs, the fork dives like a mother fuc err, it was fine on the vt and that bike had a steeper head angle.
    .i am planning on getting the rs revolution as i want to keep it light. the minute is 120mm the revolution is 130mm, I have heard about the nixon diving as well Question....Does anybody out there have a revolution on their reign and does it dive ?

mtbr member
    Just put a Revelation on my '05 Reign3. I'll let you know after I've ridden it (going out today or tomorrow). I measured the A-C length compared to the Manitou Splice it came with - when set at the 130mm travel mark, the Revelation was 6mm longer than the Splice, so it definitely shouldn't steepen the head angle, unless it sags more than the Splice, or you diminish the travel (as I plan to do for long climbs).

Also, see my other post: Revelation on a Reign - anyone?

mtbr member
    I have a '05 Reign 2 frame, built up with XTR components and Bontrager tubeless rims from a '03 Klein Palomino, added a Marz AM1 130-150. I can climb better than the Palomino even though it is about 3.5 lbs heavier.

The AM1 has the ETA feature, a quick turn of a lever on the left fork, jump on the fork to compress, and instantly it compresses down to about 2-3 inch travel, perfect for the steepest of climbs, changes the head angle for better climbing, then when the climb is complete, just turn the lever and it rises back to normal travel (you can do this while riding, no need to stop). While climbing in this mode, the 6 inches in the rear helps the rear keep traction over any rocks/roots/dips/etc...

NOTE: I have not been able to get the fork to the 130 setting, only tried once or twice, but after riding it at the 150 setting, I feel there is no need for the 130 setting when the ETA mode is available for the climbs.

Both front and rear feel bottomless, plus on the trail you can not feel any pedal kickback or bobbing action, just plush, smooth, sailing, as everyone else says about the Reign suspension.

The AM1 does make the front look like a chopper somewhat, but I have not noticed any slower steering on tight twisty trails as compared to the Palomino, in fact, I feel faster on it since the whole ride is now smooth. I am not being bounced all over the place, just point where you want and put it in a bigger gear and pedal, the Palomino required me to steer around the rocks/roots/dips since it felt like a hard tail when compared to the Reign.

mtbr member
    I had Pike Race on mine Reign and had no diving issues or at least I did not notice anything.... On the other hand for what I'm doin the fork could be even taller...
    Passion beyond reason!

Too Kool for Skool
    Quote Originally Posted by mtn_goat
    NOTE: I have not been able to get the fork to the 130 setting, .
    I think u have to let the air out to change the travel (its the one on the bottom right?)
    Quote Originally Posted by coma13
    it's short but it's pretty.... just like a guatemalan hooker...