mtbr member
    May 2004

I want the VT, but am worried about the saris car carriers.

I have the saris bones two, and am slightly concerned that when I buy the VT, I wont be able to put it on the carrier. Does anyone have any experience with this???
    thanks
    ryan

mtbr member

the telescoping tube...

The rack I have barely fits my VT inner triangle. If you have a bottlecage in there, the saris rack does not work. I have seen a product, but I can't remember the manufacturer, that is a telescoping bar which locks on to the bike just under the stem on one end, and to the seatpost on the other. I believe that will make the VT work with any rack.

mtbr member

Yep this works.

Quote Originally Posted by Spongedog
    The rack I have barely fits my VT inner triangle. If you have a bottlecage in there, the saris rack does not work. I have seen a product, but I can't remember the manufacturer, that is a telescoping bar which locks on to the bike just under the stem on one end, and to the seatpost on the other. I believe that will make the VT work with any rack.
    I think this is the worst thing about the VT - getting it on a rack - but with one of these telescopic tube adapters - no problem. Just make sure you get one that will fit around the aheadset. Dont let this put you off getting a VT !!!

Cheers.

mtbr member
    Feb 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Spongedog
    Saris makes a bar that will work, It's called teh Graber(Saris) bike beam. Almost any LBS shoyld be able to order it for you. Retail on bike beam is $29.99.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by ILxcMTNbiker
    Saris makes a bar that will work, It's called teh Graber(Saris) bike beam. Almost any LBS shoyld be able to order it for you. Retail on bike beam is $29.99.
    Umm...ditto. My buddy rides a Gemini, his wife a super small Jekyll. Both frames are impossible to load without a conversion bar. It's super simple and quick to use.

http://www.sarisproducts.com/products/bikebeam.htm

http://www.rackattack.com/prod/Yakim..._Bike_Rack.htm
    Phillipians 2:3-8 "...but (Christ) made himself nothing, taking the form of a servant..."

mtbr member
    Mar 2004

Smile I have a post in New Products and Inovations

[This adapter will work on a NRS & VT. I have both and have and it works. Just get a seat post piece the correct size and attach it to either a piece of steering tube (with a star nut) or any piece of tubing and use a long bolt, washer and double nut. It will require a bit of cutting with a rat tail file or dremel to make the pieces of tubing fit together.