mtbr member
    Jul 2011

I need some input from the trance owners....

I have currently a 2010 Giant Yukon FX with a Pure XCR wheelset and tubeless Geax Saguaros. I came into a pretty good little chunk of cash last night and I want to splurge a little on bike stuff.

My current options are:

A.) Trade in or attempt to sell my FX and buy a 2012 Trance X4 and move my wheelset over to the Trance.

B.) Upgrade the fork and brakes on my FX save $150 and wait another year to buy a trance and keep the FX for a second bike.

Im also buying my wife a new bike this weekend so the X4 is about as high into the budget as I want to dive.

The only question I did have, the 12 Trance X4 has the Rock Shox XC32 fork. Which from my understanding is the same fork as my Dart 3 but with 32mm stanchions. Am I going to hate the XC32 as much as I do my Dart? I would assume it would be a good bit better because of the less flex of the 32mm stanchions. Any input would be greatly appreciated.
    2010 Giant Yukon FX
    Pure XCR Wheelset/Geax Saguaro Tires/Tubeless
    Bike Weight Lost: 2.48lbs (1124g)

mtbr member
    If you can trade without taking a bath, good. If you're going to get slaughtered, I'd suggest wait, ride the Yukon, then buy a higher end trance next year. I've heard of guys finding x2 and x3's well under list if you shop around. I've probably doubled the price of my x4 with upgrades and still not "done" yet! Ymmv.
    Good luck!
    Current roster:
    2013 Trance X1 29er
    2013 Mukluk 3
    Banshee Paradox V1
    2011 Defy 1

mtbr member
    Nov 2009
    how about a leftover 2011 trance x3? you should be able to find one. then you get full fox suspension (5" fork with thru-axle, you won't hate that one), slx components, and elixer 3's. just my 2 cents.

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    I havent yet been able to find a leftover 2011 X3. My LBS has a leftover 2009 X3 for whatever reason. My wife will most likely end up with that one.
    2010 Giant Yukon FX
    Pure XCR Wheelset/Geax Saguaro Tires/Tubeless
    Bike Weight Lost: 2.48lbs (1124g)

mtbr member
    Nov 2009
    oh, ok. then i would go with option A.

TRANCER
    Quote Originally Posted by SuperSlow35th View Post
    I have currently a 2010 Giant Yukon FX with a Pure XCR wheelset and tubeless Geax Saguaros. I came into a pretty good little chunk of cash last night and I want to splurge a little on bike stuff.

My current options are:

A.) Trade in or attempt to sell my FX and buy a 2012 Trance X4 and move my wheelset over to the Trance.

B.) Upgrade the fork and brakes on my FX save $150 and wait another year to buy a trance and keep the FX for a second bike.

Im also buying my wife a new bike this weekend so the X4 is about as high into the budget as I want to dive.

The only question I did have, the 12 Trance X4 has the Rock Shox XC32 fork. Which from my understanding is the same fork as my Dart 3 but with 32mm stanchions. Am I going to hate the XC32 as much as I do my Dart? I would assume it would be a good bit better because of the less flex of the 32mm stanchions. Any input would be greatly appreciated.
    I'll take the dart over the xc32 from my experiences
    Ride

mtbr member
    definitely get at least the X3. I wouldnt recommend putting anymore money into the Yukon though. Either get something like an X3 if can afford it or hold out for some closeout deals. Youll be happy in the long run.
    I waited for a closeout 2011 Trance X3 and thoroughly appreciate the better package.

TRANCER
    Many bike stores also do lay away
    Ride