Blood Sweat and Gears !

New question here. Hong Kong - Legend ?

For numerous reasons, I am looking to buy a new bike.
    Money is tighter than a duck's bum, and I can list (if you really want to know) all the reasons !
    I am looking at an XTC SE in the UK and i'm currently raising the pennies to pay for it.
    It's a long process.

However I have a friend who is going to Hong Kong for two weeks, and I have heard a rumour that you can pick up Giant's out there for silly money.

I am now considering asking him to look for a VT2 (2005 Spec) and I'm trying desperatley not to get my heart set on one, just incase it does not work out.

Since he's actually supposed to be working for the fortnight, he has asked if I can find any shops which he can visit directly (instead of shopping around).

Does anyone know of any shops ?
    And if it is true that he wil be able to pic up a VT2 for less than an XTC at UK prices ?

Any help will be greatly recieved !
    - Cale

mtbr member
    This shop:

http://www.hkbicycle.com.hk/index.ph...&id=27#product

has VT1s for what appears to be $9,800 Hong Kong dollars. That works out to about UKpounds720. Don't know if that is cheaper than what you get it for.

Spend some time with google and see what else you can find.

Wombat

Blood Sweat and Gears !
    Quote Originally Posted by Wombat
    This shop:

Spend some time with google and see what else you can find.

Wombat
    Thanks Wombat, I had discovered that store, but sadly that's only a saving of 200 pounds on my retail price.
    I have spent 3 nights with google, and it seems that the comercial gain from a website has not yet dawned on the bike shops of HK and CHina.

I'll keep looking.

Members who have read this thread: 0