mtbr member
    Sep 2005

Hi anyone riding a 21" Reign?

Just interested because I would like to buy a Reign at some point, and I currently ride a 20" Giant hardtail which I have measured the effective top tube on and its 610mm. At the moment I have the seat back as far as it can go on a set back seat-post and run a 120mm stem, and really could have more room easily.

Reign 20" according to Giant has a 608mm top tube (23.9") but people seem to think theyre generally shorter than that?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Nostromo
    Just interested because I would like to buy a Reign at some point, and I currently ride a 20" Giant hardtail which I have measured the effective top tube on and its 610mm. At the moment I have the seat back as far as it can go on a set back seat-post and run a 120mm stem, and really could have more room easily.

Reign 20" according to Giant has a 608mm top tube (23.9") but people seem to think theyre generally shorter than that?
    I just bought a 21" Reign3. Top tube measures 24", center-top of head tube to center of seat post, horizontally. I was conflicted on the 20" vs. 21". I'm 6'3", 36" inseam and I tried both at shops. The 20" seemed just slightly cramped to me. I do a lot of XC and climbs and didn't want to have to push the seat way back, any further toward the rear wheel, nor did I want to have to put a longer stem on and impact the steering. Conversely, didn't want to make an already heavy bike, heavier by getting the 21". The decision-maker was the fact that Performance only had the 21" left on clearance for $999 - done.

In exile
    I was torn between the 18 and 20. I got the 20, and the top tube is 23.9 inches, just as Giant says, measured horizontally.

mtbr member
    Sep 2005
    Thanks for the responses. I'm 6"2 but have long arms and legs. I will have to go and try them out and see.

Cheers

now a SSchwinger
    Oct 2005
    I got my 21 inch Reign2 last spring; upgrading from a 20 inch Schwing hardtail with a 120mm stem. I am 6-4 and inseam 34 inches. The Reign rides and feels great, has a 100mm stem and all your riding buddies will be envious of the size of your head tube.