mtbr member

Gravity Dropper on Reign

I'm thinking of putting a Gravity Dropper on my Reign 1. I'm thinking the 4 inch drop would be best for me but I've never seen or used one before. Maybe there's a reason most people get the 3 in drop. Are Gravity Dropper even worth the money? Can someone help?

May contain nuts
    Quote Originally Posted by jaybirdp
    I'm thinking of putting a Gravity Dropper on my Reign 1. I'm thinking the 4 inch drop would be best for me but I've never seen or used one before. Maybe there's a reason most people get the 3 in drop. Are Gravity Dropper even worth the money? Can someone help?
    There's a few users on the Turner board...

mtbr member
    Mar 2005
    I use a 3 inch drop post on my Reign and I find it to be just right. It is by far the best upgrade I've done for my bike. It is not inexpensive but it is worth it to me. It has enhanced my downhill experience immensely. Look up its reviews in the "Product Reviews" section, I hope you'll find the information helpful.

Attached Images Attached Images

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Cycling6500
    I use a 3 inch drop post on my Reign and I find it to be just right. It is by far the best upgrade I've done for my bike. It is not inexpensive but it is worth it to me. It has enhanced my downhill experience immensely. Look up its reviews in the "Product Reviews" section, I hope you'll find the information helpful.
    Nice Bike. I built my frame up also. Wish I had the 8 inch up front. Hey, tell me this -- do you have trouble getting the Reign rear shock to use full travel while starting anywhere 30% sag. I have about an inch of my shock that's not being used. I'm even running the spv fairly low. Also, I like the gravity dropper -- I'm gonna get mine with the blue boot and 4 inch because I do some dirt jumping on the Reign. Man the Reign takes off nicely and transitions smooth like butter. Thanks for the feedback

mtbr member
    Apr 2005
    Make sure you have enough room for the 4". By room i mean if your frame is on the tall side and you dont run much post at full seat height it may hit the release mech. For that reason my wife had to run the 3" version. Besides that I love mine. I love it when Im on a xc ride or riding through town and see a nice little lip I can drop it, hit it and be back to full post in seconds. It really makes my bike that much more fun.

mtbr member
    Mar 2005
    I weigh 150lbs with gear. I run 85 in the SPV and 95 in the main. It is so far the best combination for me and I still ~1/4 inch left.

Nice Bike. I built my frame up also. Wish I had the 8 inch up front. Hey, tell me this -- do you have trouble getting the Reign rear shock to use full travel while starting anywhere 30% sag. I have about an inch of my shock that's not being used. I'm even running the spv fairly low. Also, I like the gravity dropper -- I'm gonna get mine with the blue boot and 4 inch because I do some dirt jumping on the Reign. Man the Reign takes off nicely and transitions smooth like butter. Thanks for the feedback

Bike Whore
    Mar 2004
    Has your post developed any kind of slop or play?

I have been thinking about getting one of these for my VT.

May contain nuts
    Deflate the shock and fully compress it. You'll see a good chunk of shaft is unused.. 50mm shock remember...

mtbr member
    Mar 2005
    I've been using it for less than a month. So far I'm very happy with it. The play is negligible when I force it back and forth with my hand and not noticable while riding.

Quote Originally Posted by frankenbike

mtbr member
    Apr 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by frankenbike

I have almost 400 hard miles on mine and it does have a little play from side to side but very little, they also sell all the internal parts for rebuilds but I dont forsee needing that any time soon. You really dont notice the play after a few rides but at first you do think a bolt is loose.