mtbr member
    Mar 2005

Got Hammerschmidt??

So has anyone on here actually installed and ridden a Reign/Reign X (for that matter any Maestro bike) with a Hammerschmidt yet? The end of last year several were talking about it, but I haven't seen any posts since. I am thinking of doing the experiment, but if someone else has already been the guinea pig, it would be great to hear the results

I'm not convinced that it would match the suspension perfectly, but the clearance, solid chain guide, and instant shifting might be worth it anyways.

mtbr member
    May 2004
    check out this thread

First look at Hammerschmidt

mtbr member
    Mar 2005
    Thanks for the link. I never go to SRAM's forum so I didn't even think to search there. The guy hasn't really ridden it much yet so no real feedback there. I wonder how hard pedaling will compare.

I'll follow up with him. He seems like a weight weenie outside of the HS so it will be interesting to hear more. The weight is definitely a bit of an issue IMHO. For something that adds a pound it needs to really add something to the experience. 7" fork - worth it, Gravity Dropper - worth it, stronger tires - worth it, better shock than a DHX-air - worth it. Now I just need to decide.