mtbr member

Glory 0 or 1 owners please read

I've had my Glory 0 for about three months now and I love it as its my first FR rig. My problem is that it is developing some annoying creaking in both the rear linkage and the Marzocchi 66 RC3 fork. I've taken both apart, regreased and re-assembled and while it is better, there is still some noise. Anything I should be keeping my eye on? I'm almost certain the front creaking could be cable rub. The other thing I noticed is the rims/wheels are very hard to keep true. I had to have a shop re-work the front wheel because on the first ride, it developed a bad hop/wobble. But now it seems I'm spending alot of time with them on the trueing stand. I'm not doing any serious stuff, only drops to tranny's of about 8 feet and alot of medium size gaps.

mtbr member
    Oct 2006
    I've had pretty good luck with my wheels. they're kinda heavy, but they've held up pretty well for "plow" style attacks on rock gardens. Donno about that - way stronger then my outlaws. As far as the creaking goes in the linkage, you've probably checked your cranks? I'd check them too, if you haven't. Cranks are one of the most creak prone parts on a bike (sorry if you already know this and i'm being a jackass).

Otherwise, I'd guess your bearings are toast and would suggest looking at a bearing rebuild kit from giant.

As far as the fork goes, is there pretty bad bushing slop, and have you developed any play in the axle? Alot of the first batch of the 66rc3's that went out (mine included) had those problems (among other things in my case), marz is fixing them on warranty. If you can figure out where the cable is rubbing (if thats what it is) then zip tie it to another cable so that doesn't happen anymore! If it turns out its the fork creaking, make sure your headset is tight, and if its still creaking, give marz a call and ask what they suggest

mtbr member
    Mar 2006
    What happened to mine is that chain guide from some hits started rubbing against the frame/bottom bracket, you'll have to loosen your crank and reset the chain guide so there's atleast about half an inch of space between the 2 (chain guide and bottom bracket). That's one thing you can check.

Build More = Ride More
    Things to do:

Lube seatpost.
    Lube rear cassette where it meets the hub.
    Lube and tighten the rear dropouts where the axle meets the frame.
    Tighten the headset.
    Check that your shifter cables are not splitting ends at the shifter or derailleur. This can cause a severe noise when the handle bars are turned.
    Lube the reducers going to the shock mounts, making sure to not lube the shock bushings themselves.
    Lube and tighten the bottom bracket cups and cranks.