mtbr member

Gianth Anthem X 29er with a FOX 32 TALAS 29 120 FIT Terralogic Fork?

Has anyone built up the Anthem X 29er with a FOX 32 TALAS 29 120 FIT Terralogic?

My idea is to buy the new 2012 frameset when it comes out and build it up with a Fox 32 Talas fork which has adjustable travel of either 95mm or 120mm. This would give me the 95mm for fast XC single-track but would also give me 120mm for improved downhill performance in Super-D and general trail riding.
    The weight between the 2 is almost identical. Can anyone think of any negatives to this setup or other thoughts?

mtbr member
    I've read the terralogic does not work well on FS frames. Something about how it handles the overall suspension with the rear. I don't have personal experience though.

mtbr member
    Dec 2009
    Can't see the point in terralogic myself. I always run my forks wide open unless I'm single speeding.
    I've trialled a F120 RL fork on the Anthem. Steering was a bit on the slow side but If I'd set it up more trail orientated with shorter stem the steering would have eased back a bit and I think it would have been fine. The performance of stock F100 RLC FIT actually felt better than the F120RL.So I put it back on again. I've had the same with other bikes. I've trialled longer other brand forks and been disapointed. Longer travel is not always better. It's quality that counts.

mtbr member
    I figured there would have to be a downside to the Talas.

For those that have used the Talas forks: When the fork travel is at 95mm does the fork shorten to give you a steeper head angle or is it just a buffer that keeps the fork at the same length but just decrease the amount of available travel?
    Last edited by Domestique; 08-22-2011 at 07:13 AM.

mtbr member
    Jul 2010
    When the Talas is in the 95mm setting the length is shortened resulting in a steeper head angle which lowers the front end on those sustained climbs. This allows me to stay in a more comfortable position without the front end wanting to come up as much.

LCD
    mtbr member
    Oct 2005
    I'm planning to run the Talas 120/95 but not the Terralogic. More to follow in a few weeks...

mtbr member
    Feb 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Domestique View Post
    I figured there would have to be a downside to the Talas.

For those that have used the Talas forks: When the fork travel is at 95mm does the fork shorten to give you a steeper head angle or is it just a buffer that keeps the fork at the same length but just decrease the amount of available travel?
    The fork does get shorter and does decrease HT angle. I run a Talas on my Anthem 29er and have found i prefer it in the 95mm the 120mm slows the steering down, it is good for some extended down hill but I could do without it.
    I also find when I have it set 95mm and climbing real steep stuff it will creep up to a higher amount of travel which I cant stand because it slackens the HT angle so I am considering going back to a standard 100mm RLC