mtbr member

Giant XTC 0 Composite 29er - Help??

Let me start this off by saying that I currently ride a 2011 Specialized Epic Comp 29er (which is for sale ;D) and I run the rear suspension to the point where it's almost locked out. So rear suspension doesn't really matter all that much to me.

Right now I have the oppritunity to get a sweet deal on a 2012 Giant XTC 0 Composite 29er. Like really sweet deal. The problem I'm having is about committing to buying it because of sizing.

I'm told by my LBS that the standover height is pretty low (32" for an XL?). I'm 6'2 but I have a really tall inseam. That being said, my Epic is a 19" and that's definitely become too short for my 34" inseam. Is there anybody out there with either the L (20") or XL (22")??

I'd really like to know what your opinion/review of the bike is, as well as see some pics of them.

Thanks in advance for the help!
    I'm the kind of person you need to keep your eye on or I'll wander off into the woods and forget to come back...

cowbell
    I'm going to toss this out there without looking anything up, because if memory serves, geometry is the same for the AL and the composite frames. I'm looking into an Anthem X 29er and I'm getting the XL, I'm about 6'2.5 or 6'3" - depending on how screwed up my back is when you measure - and have a 34" inseam. I can ride (comfortably) anything with an ETL of 24.5 to 25.5, and the XL is right there with a 25, while the L is a 24.2. Also, the L size I rode at my LBS was not even close to being a challenge as far as SO went, so I think it's safe to say you'd do very well with the XL.

mtbr member
    Feb 2005
    For what it's worth, I'm 6'4" with a 35" inseam, and I ride the XL XTC Composite 29er. I built mine up, and I run an Thomson Elite setback saddle that is 400 mm long, and I have enough more than enough seatpost. It is a great bike, really responsive to hard pedal strokes. The Giant branded stuff is not great, IMHO, and will have to be replaced with better aftermarket stuff.

mtbr member
    Jul 2007
    I'm 6'2" and have the exact bike you're looking at, and I have an XL that is spot on. I run a 110mm stem and a setback seatpost. It's dialed in and weighs 22.1 lbs.

mtbr member
    May 2012
    I'm 6'2 with an inseam of 31 inches and I also have short arms. Chose the "Large" XTC 1 (Aluminum), and added riser bars.

mtbr member
    I'm 6.2 and the Xl fits me great. Find it much better fit than the 20inch xtc 26 eGiant XTC 0 Composite 29er - Help??-imageuploadedbytapatalk1343363573.208247.jpgGiant XTC 0 Composite 29er - Help??-imageuploadedbytapatalk1343363590.592067.jpgr it replaced.