Freshly Fujified

Giant Website changes

I was tooling around on the Giant USA web site looking up specifications and found that when you click on the "current model year" tab for bikes, the next page that opens up has a tab that says "2006". No bikes listed yet, but they can't be too far behind.

Thought y'all might be interested.

Bob
    'If Wal-Mart sold parachutes, who would jump?' Frank Havnoonian (quoting his father) Drexel Hill Cyclery

mtbr member
    german website has also been updated today.Some models for 2006 are already shown.

Ridin' in XTC!
    Let us know when the USA site is running. Are the German models usually similar?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by arrowheadtroutm
    Let us know when the USA site is running. Are the German models usually similar?
    i could not see changes in the framedesign, also no changes in the colour of the bikes.
    German webpage: http://www.giant-bicycles.com/de/page.asp

"El Whatever"
    Unless I had visited the wrong site, they removed the 2006 tab or page. It's up to 2005 as of now.

Bummer....
    Check my Site

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Warp2003
    Unless I had visited the wrong site, they removed the 2006 tab or page. It's up to 2005 as of now.

Bummer....
    try this link: http://www.giant-bicycles.com/de/030...30.000.000.asp it leads directly to the Bikes section not the main page.
    The 2006 tab is visible for me. Try to flush your dns cache and reload the page.
    Last edited by zack; 10-14-2005 at 08:57 AM. Reason: misstyping..

Freshly Fujified

They're up!

Quote Originally Posted by Call_me_Clyde
    I was tooling around on the Giant USA web site looking up specifications and found that when you click on the "current model year" tab for bikes, the next page that opens up has a tab that says "2006". No bikes listed yet, but they can't be too far behind.

Thought y'all might be interested.

Bob
    New models are up, and the web site states November availability.

Warp-I was only off by $100.00 on the MSRP of the Pistol 1 I said $1200, website states $1100! excellent price!
    'If Wal-Mart sold parachutes, who would jump?' Frank Havnoonian (quoting his father) Drexel Hill Cyclery

"El Whatever"
    New models are up, and the web site states November availability.

Warp-I was only off by $100.00 on the MSRP of the Pistol 1 I said $1200, website states $1100! excellent price!
    Yeah... looks sweet... But I'm still confused as if it's a 5" or 4" frame. I came to realize I really like the 5" out of my current Warp.

Looks like I rather save for the Pistol's second year on the market
    Check my Site

Freshly Fujified

Confused, too

Yeah... looks sweet... But I'm still confused as if it's a 5" or 4" frame. I came to realize I really like the 5" out of my current Warp.

Looks like I rather save for the Pistol's second year on the market
    The web site is contradictory. My guess is that it's a 5" trail bike based on the other post that had the pics and a few specs. I believe it said 5".

"El Whatever"
    The web site is contradictory. My guess is that it's a 5" trail bike based on the other post that had the pics and a few specs. I believe it said 5".
    On the other thread the catalog pages show 4" for the frame.

The website shows that it's a 5" frame designed for a 4" fork (or at least I understand so, but I might be wrong - english is not my mother language, so I could be misunderstanding something).

Yeah... all this is confusing. I'll put the model on the linkage program later on... for a 2" travel shock you gotta have more likely 5" travel (that's 2.5 leverage- which is fairly good) unless it's going along with the new trend by Foes that 2 is THE leverage to have.

Sweet bike anyway. The Desert Storm color hides pretty well trail dust... unless your dust is redish.
    Check my Site

Freshly Fujified

'06 lineup question

OK, so the changes have been up for a week now. Any insights on what's going on with the remaining "Sports Mountain" category bikes? (Rainier, Iguana, Yukon, Boulder, etc?).

Just curious....

Team Cspine

All gone...

OK, so the changes have been up for a week now. Any insights on what's going on with the remaining "Sports Mountain" category bikes? (Rainier, Iguana, Yukon, Boulder, etc?).

Just curious....
    Just the Pistol 1 & 2.
    Sorry what?

Freshly Fujified

Yikes!

Quote Originally Posted by bulletbob
    Just the Pistol 1 & 2.
    I'm floored! No more sports mountain hardtails at any level whatsoever? Must be no margin building these bikes.

"El Whatever"
    I'm floored! No more sports mountain hardtails at any level whatsoever? Must be no margin building these bikes.
    Calm down, bro!

Remember that Giant has two release dates. One in Autumn and one in early the year. Those bike could be unveiled early in the year when Giant releases the "no-hype" stuff.
    Check my Site

Freshly Fujified

Silly me

Calm down, bro!

Remember that Giant has two release dates. One in Autumn and one in early the year. Those bike could be unveiled early in the year when Giant releases the "no-hype" stuff.
    I knew there had to be a logical explanation for this.

Thanks bro!

Members who have read this thread: 0