Team Cspine

Giant warranty question...

Hey all,

I know Giant is good about their warranty situations but I was curious what they typically do for folks? Do they give a $$ value for the old frame or what?

I knew I needed to replace my crusty ole Warp but I didn't want to do it just yet, however, the frame has nearly broken through so I'm guess I'm going to upgrade now whether I want to or not!

Thanks!
    Sorry what?

bi-winning
    Quote Originally Posted by bulletbob
    Hey all,

I know Giant is good about their warranty situations but I was curious what they typically do for folks? Do they give a $$ value for the old frame or what?

I knew I needed to replace my crusty ole Warp but I didn't want to do it just yet, however, the frame has nearly broken through so I'm guess I'm going to upgrade now whether I want to or not!

Thanks!
    I am in Canada and can only give you my experience thus far.

Sept 22nd i took my broken frame to the nearest dealer. they stripped the parts, and about a week later, they shipped the frame to Giant for them to verify the crack. I have not heard anything from Giant since then. Shipping was at my expense. That is my exerience thus far I will be in a race this weekend, and i will not have my Giant. Luckily i will be able to borrow my dad's bike. If not, I would be pissed.

Some people have said they did not need to ship the frame to Giant.
    Some people have had a new frame in less than a week, others have waited longer. Often a few weeks.
    Giant should replace the frame with the same frame free of charge. You will need to pay if you want your LBS to build up the frame.
    You may also have the chance to upgrade to a different frame for a reduced cost over buying a new frame.

Edit: To gather info, do a search on "Warranty" and limit it to the "Giant" forum.
    Last edited by rkj__; 09-21-2005 at 10:43 AM.
    When under pressure, your level of performance will sink to your level of preparation.

Members who have read this thread: 0