mtbr member
    Jan 2011

Giant Trance/Anthem comes w/ shock pump?

Could someone tell me if new Trance/Anthem X1, X2, X3, etc... comes with a shock pump?

The Trance X4 does not have a Fox shock, instead comes with a Giant Air. So, I'm guessing if there is a shock pump, the shock pump would be some Giant branded pump.

I was curious because when I was looking at the accessory bags, which was attached to the Giant bike, during my shopping yesterday, I didn't see any shock pump.

Thanks in advance!

mtbr member
    Mar 2011
    No pump with my AX29er1, had to buy my own.

mtbr member
    Apr 2009
    I received my Trance X in a box, I didn't have the lbs build the bike, so I was the first to open the box. No shock inside. I did get one with my new front fork and new rear shock.

what a joke
    X1 29er Anthem did.....in Australia
    blah blah blah

mtbr member
    My Anthem X3W did include one.

mtbr member
    Jul 2010
    Not in the US. Had to buy one when I got my AX1 29er. ...seems like they think that the ~$30 added price needed to throw a shock pump in will make a difference on a $2-3k purchase...

mtbr member
    My 2011 Trance X Advanced SL 0 came with the standard "no name" shock pump that my previous Anthem and Trance models came with.

mtbr member
    Nov 2010
    My 2011 TX3 came with a no-name shock pump. Don't know though if they just threw it in because it took 3 months for them to get me my bike.

I had to ask for the manuals. I should have checked them before leaving the shop because when I got home I found out they were for a road bike.

mtbr member
    My Trance X1 came with a shock pump.

X-Ray Guy
    my Trance X3 came with a silver no name one....Canada

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by jn35646
    No pump with my AX29er1, had to buy my own.

I contacted giant on twitter and they said it should of I would get them to credit you for the one you bought.

mtbr member
    Apr 2009
    Most likely the shop kept it.

mtbr member
    Jul 2010
    I will point out that on the Giant website, using the Anthem X29 as an example, the Australian page shows a row for "Extras" and mentions that a shock pump is included, whereas the US site does not. I really doubt that the LBS where I bought my bike would just arbitrarily keep a shock pump if it were included with the bike...

banned
    any full suspension bike i've ever had came with one, whether from giant , cannondale, trek, pivot, niner, they should all come with one..chances are the lbs kept it

mtbr member
    Apr 2011
    I just bought a 2011 Trance X4. My buddy bought a Trek Fuel EX 5. He got a pump and I did not.

mtbr member
    Apr 2009
    X4 doesnt have an air fork.

mtbr member
    Apr 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by pumaking
    X4 doesnt have an air fork.
    I'm pretty sure he's talking about the rear shock not fork especially since he mentions the giant air shock the x4 comes with.. My buddies fuel ex 5 doesn't have an air fork and he got a pump for his fox shock out back.

mtbr member
    Apr 2009
    I was referencing that the Giants in here who got pumps had air forks. I have an X4 as well and didn't receive a pump. When I got the X4, I was the first to open the box, so it wasn't the shop that kept it, Giant never put one in. Trek has no merit in here, 2 seperate companies.

mtbr member
    Jul 2010
    yeah, I am 99.9% certain that the LBS didn't take the shock pump. It just wasn't included with my Giant Anthem 29 X1... Eh well, picked one up that is probably better than the one that would have been included for ~$30. I'm not worried about it.

mtbr member
    Nov 2010
    2011 Trance X2
    UK
    Came with shock pump
    Silver no name.

mtbr member
    Aug 2009
    2011 anthem x1, USA, no pump. Luckily i asked LBS and they dug one out for me and gave it to me for free.

They said that Giant have stopped sending pumps with the bikes. Purchased about 6 weeks back.

Is it Friday yet?
    Mine came with a blue Giant branded one that looks like this. Bought the bike Saturday.

I prefer the folding bontrager one I got with my previous bike though. It looks like this