Thread: Giant Stance??

mtbr member

Giant Stance??

Stance 27.5 0 (2015) | Giant Bicycles | United States

A slightly less slack 120mm trance?

mtbr member
    Jan 2008

Giant Stance??

Curious how the single pivot will be received. I'm sure they'll have it fairly dialed, and this bike might be a good move as the maestro bikes have gone higher in price over the years.

mtbr member
    Oct 2009
    Most likely its a replacement for the Yukon FX. Entry level FS. Though 2600$ for a bike without the companies top suspension design doesn't seem worth it.

mtbr member
    Jan 2008
    Top model specced similar to Anthem 27.5 SX, Anthem has better wheels, Stance has XT crank. Price is not significantly different, I'd pay the 350 extra to get Maestro. Or spend less and get the Trance 27.5 2.

mtbr member
    Oct 2009
    me too, and I would still replace those wheels (anthem sx) first. I have had both an SLX and XT cranks (9 speed), there is no difference. I would like to see what is behind the crank on the stance, is it truly a single pivot?

mtbr member
    Looks like an upgraded Yukon to me, the FlexPoint suspension could be what the pre maestro suspension has evolved to.

mtbr member
    Jan 2008

Giant Stance??

Their marketing terms kill me. Overdrive is just a tapered steerer like everyone's got. Powercore? Press fit BB I guess. FlexPoint? Just single pivot apparently. I wish they'd just call something what it is, instead of having to brand every little nuance. It's silly. Maestro I get because it's a floating pivot suspension with its own geometry and characteristics. But branding industry wide features? Come on!

mtbr member
    Jun 2010
    I agree.

mtbr member
    Nov 2011

mtbr member
    I got a good look at the catalog explanation for FlexPoint yesterday. Turns out, the chainstay/seatstay junction flexes when the suspension is active. I wonder if that's a good idea, given how AL fatigues?

mtbr member
    Apr 2007
    It appears that the pivot is pretty high and forward, so that's a good thing. Combined with a shock that has a ton of low speed compression, the bike should pedal OK. Certainly better than my old Kona.....
    '02 Kona Bear - '01 Schwinn Homegrown Comp - '12 Giant Defy 1 - '14 Kona Jake the Snake

mtbr member
    Jan 2008
    Yeah I think it's a great price point bike, probably much more bike than a Yukon was. Probably pretty light.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by GT5050 View Post
    I'd pay the 350 extra to get Maestro. Or spend less and get the Trance 27.5 2.
    Bingo

Quote Originally Posted by Cotharyus View Post
    I got a good look at the catalog explanation for FlexPoint yesterday. Turns out, the chainstay/seatstay junction flexes when the suspension is active. I wonder if that's a good idea, given how AL fatigues?
    It's actually been done for years. AS-R's and 575's used to rely on seatstay flex. As did the Faux-Bar on my 2007 (Pre-ABP) Trek Fuel Ex.

mtbr member
    Oct 2009
    Also the Scalpel relies on seatstay as well. For an entry bike I could see this, but I dont see them selling alot of 0's, 2600$ I would rather get a lower end anthem or trance