mtbr member
    Jun 2008

Giant ReignX Size Help

Hello there.
    Need your advise - I want to purchase ReignX bike and have only one possibility to take it in M(18) Size.
    My Height is 6' and weight 70 kg.
    Riding style - AM and Aggressive FR (drops, shors etc)
    Will 18 not big for me?

Thanks

mtbr member
    Nov 2007
    i am 6'1" and have a medium .. i like the way it feels

mtbr member
    Jun 2008
    2 tungjoi
    Did you ride shore, drops, etc? - everything is comfortably?

mtbr member
    Probably will work for freeride type of stuff. I am 6'2" and ride a large for everything. I test rode a medium and it was too small for me.
    Last edited by Shepherd Wong; 06-02-2008 at 09:26 PM.

mtbr member
    Mar 2005
    I'm 5'10" and fit a medium perfectly as a trail bike. If I used it for slopestyle (would also require some new skills) I might use a small, but for all around use (XC-lift served) it's perfect.

Living Ghetto Fabulous!
    Quote Originally Posted by Shepherd Wong
    Probably will work for freeride type of stuff. I am 6'2" and ride a large for everything. I test road a medium and it was too small for me.
    I'm 6'2" and the large feels perfect. If I was doing slopestyle stuff (LOL) then maybe a medium would work... I say go large!
    Quote Originally Posted by kidwoo
    The internet sounds like a tough place to ride.

mtbr member
    Nov 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Arryl
    2 tungjoi
    Did you ride shore, drops, etc? - everything is comfortably?
    i live in texas so no shore .. haha .. so far i have only ridden it on one XC ride, i just built it last friday night .. i'm more legs though, so i feel most comfortable on a toptube in the 23.5" range .. i used to ride a large preston which had a 23.8 ETT, and even though i had a 50mm stem and seat as far forward as it would go, i would still sometimes get hung up behind my seat with the post in XC mode

mtbr member
    I am 6 with very long inseam. I ride a Medium Reign X with a telescopic seatpost.
    It feels perfect! Ive got a 60mm stem on there and it is good for long climbing, descending super technical stuff and everything else.

For me, the large would be too big, but remember I am more leg than anything else.
    I had a large SX Trail before and never felt at home on it. It felt like hauling an oil tanker down the hill.

Greetings Znarf

mtbr member
    Jun 2008
    So us I understand M is good - may be s can me better but,, no possibility to find...

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    I'm 5,8 (with a long torso) and ride an med/18" ReignX for FR/DH/AM (with a 50mm stem), so the Med should work great for you for FR (for AM go Lg). Change the stem/bars if you need to adjust the fit. With the small X you would never get the seat high enough to pedal.

mtbr member
    Yeah, the small is tiny.

Get the M definitely, it will be very flickable and it can also climb, if you need to.

Greetings