mtbr member
    Apr 2006

Giant Reign X1 Headset/Stem Question

Hey I just bought my new Giant Reign X1 about 1 month ago and I love it but I noticed that my handlebars are set up really high because of the headset and headset spacers. The headset looks really funky too. I was wanting to put a chris king on it. Does anyone else have this problem or no?

mtbr member
    I have the Trance X and I had the same problem with the handle bars seeming up too high. I just flipped the stem and it put it right where I like it. The headset is a integrated headset as far as I know there are not many options there as far as putting a different one on. I almost posotive a CK wont work.

mtbr member
    Apr 2006
    is it a possibility that it is a headset reducer cuz i saw somewhere that the head tube is a 1.5.....hmmm idk

mtbr member
    Mar 2005
    You can pull out any and all spacers above the headset (this includes the cone one and get your handlebars as low as you want. They can actually be lower than bikes with normal headsets. It's an integrated headset, which means you aren't going to find a Chris King that fits. It's 1.5", but can't use a normal 1.5" headset or fork, if I understand the tech correctly. It requires a special headset, but several companies like FSA and Cane Creek make them.

Living Ghetto Fabulous!
    The Reign X is not 1.5. They come with Cane Creek zero-stack headsets that are super low profile. (Special machining on the headtube, 1 1/8 forks only. )

Just remove some of the spacers. You should be able to run without the really big cone spacer even... I think.
    Quote Originally Posted by kidwoo
    The internet sounds like a tough place to ride.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    With the low rise bars mine seems really low.

Anyway, like was said there are about 1" of spacers under the stem, so try moving some of all of them above the stem and see how you like the position. Don't cut the fork steer tube until you have ridden it enough to be sure.