mtbr member
    Apr 2004

Giant Reign sizing question.

I am in the market for a giant reign and i was wondering about the sizing. I am 5.10 about 200 pounds, inseam 31-32ish. I was wondering between the medium and the large which would be a better size choice for me.

Any input would be appreciated.

mtbr member
    Dec 2011
    Medium should be ok for you, what kind of riding do you intend to do? Can't you go test it at your LBS.

I ride a medium reign x, I'm 6'1 and about 190lbs, inseam about 33ish.
    The bike is probably a bit on the small side for me but since I intend to do more downhill/technical stuff it is fine. The only downside to a smaller frame for me is its a bit harder on long rides/climbs.

mtbr member
    Sep 2007
    At 5"10" 170# - medium works fine. Large will be a bit heavier and slower on tight turns, but a longer wheel base if your doing steep.

mtbr member
    Apr 2004
    its an online deal. so no go on the test ride.

mtbr member
    Apr 2011
    5' 10" 195# went w large (i also have pretty long arms). Med felt really small to me and LBS insisted that if i plan to pedal a lot i needed the LG. Giant rep agreed with them. I have no complaints .

mtbr member
    Oct 2008
    Any input on the Reign X sizing for a guy that is 1/4 inch short of 6 feet?

May contain nuts
    Depends a bit on intended use, but I'd say large, unless you have a bmx background...

mtbr member
    Oct 2008
    BMX background = yes. I am intending on using the Reign X for All-Mountain riding. I am currently riding a medium Bottlerocket with a Totem that I will switching over to the RX. I do feel that the BR is a little on the small side for some of the riding I do, but a blast as I can just hop over anything in the way..... (I rode BMX for 5 years before going 26) I can't seem to ride the BR for more than 2 hours as it just becomes too uncomfortable and too much of a chore... Thanks for the input.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by 440fish View Post
    5' 10" 195# went w large (i also have pretty long arms). Med felt really small to me and LBS insisted that if i plan to pedal a lot i needed the LG. Giant rep agreed with them. I have no complaints .
    same exact here. I felt the med reign was too small, and I'm exactly the same size as you- 5'10" and 195 (okay, 200), but with 'I need to custom order dress shirts' long arms. I am definitely happy I went with the L.

mtbr member
    Jun 2011
    5'10" 160 lbs and my medium feels perfect

mtbr member
    Aug 2008
    At 6' 155 lbs i ride a large. Perfect. Opted for a shorter stem, feels real comfortable. Medium would be too small

mtbr member
    Aug 2012
    Hello. Please gime me an advice... I am buying a 2012 reign 2. I am around 6.3 (191 cm), 180lbs (82 kg) and can not decide xl or l. I want to ride allmountain, some dh and some xc tours. Tryed both on dh and the l feels of course more comfortable on jumps...but haven't been on a longer tour. Would appreciate some advice...

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    Try and find a store and at least have a hop over a medium, even though you intend to buy online. Getting the wrong frame size sux.

mtbr member
    Feb 2004

I'm 6-3" and the large is perfect. Allmountain,xc, Freeride.

I run mine with a 50mm stem and wide bars. It's perfect.

mtbr member
    Aug 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by Largextracheese View Post
    I run mine with a 50mm stem and wide bars. It's perfect.
    Do you have an reign x? Because they are a little bigger and don't come in XL... So you think XL is to big?

Thanks for the replies...

mtbr member
    Feb 2004

Large is great for a tall person. Mine is a reg. Reign.

Love this bike.

At my favorite pit stop.

mtbr member
    Aug 2012
    Nice pics! Did you cut the seat? It looks so low... Can you pull it out enough on xc tours or is it a problem with your height?

mtbr member
    Feb 2004

Thanks.

The seat is not pushed all the way down in that pic. In fact, that is the one gripe I have with the bike. Being tall, I have to extend the post pretty high for pedalling but then it doesn't go down enough for the steeps around here because of the bent seat tube. Right now the post is not deep enough into the frame when climbing really. The fix is a dropper post. Which I want ayways.

mtbr member
    5'10" 175 lbs, 2008 Reign 2, medium is perfect, wouldn't want it any bigger...

mtbr member
    Aug 2012
    Who is than the XL for? I can not find anyone who rides reign in XL... Only for giants???

mtbr member
    May 2011
    I did ride on a specialized enduro small and a reign x medium recently. They are pretty much the same size to me and fit well (50mm stem) My tape shows they have the same reach at 40cm

I am 5ft8 w/ 33 inseam

mtbr member
    Sep 2012
    Just picked up a Reign X2 new in medium, I'm about 5'11 and similar leg length and wieght. Medium suites me just right though had to shorten the seat post as it seriously long, ie max drop was at my optimum pedalling hieght.
    If I was an XCing I'd like a longer stem/top tube but i'm not.

mtbr member
    You're at almost the border line between the M and L, if you want a flickable bike go with the M.

No Stranger to danger....
    id go large, im 5'7 and i ride a medium and the small felt way to small, reigns are sized very small, they have a small cockpit, be very care full about what size you get, i think the large will be sweet for you, cheers
    Dont ever let the truth get in the way of a funny story....

mtbr member
    Aug 2012
    I bought a large (6.3 ft) and its perfect!! Thanks for the help...