Page 22 of 22 FirstFirst ... 12 18 19 20 21 22
    mtbr member
    I'm running a 35mm with 740mm bar. Love the combo.

mtbr member
    Sep 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Hotwhls View Post
    So I just ordered a Spike Spank 35mm stem for my reign. I have the Answer 780mm DH bars. I had a 70mm stem with these same bars and I just wanted to try something shorter. Is anyone else running a 35mm length stem on there reign or am I crazy going this short?
    Stem is all bout your self riding preference ,yr arm length. Mine 50mm w/ 760mm bars.

mtbr member
    Aug 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by SkaredShtles View Post
    I tested my Fox Van-R without the coil spring on it and it went through full range with no problem...

So I ended up getting a new monarch pluc rc3 debonair in 7.875 x 2.00. Let all the air out, at full compression it is a mm or two from the front derailleur cable. The shock, however, still has 5-8 mm left on the shaft, indicating an internal spacer seperates this from the 2.25 stoke model.

My question remains the same: how would I run an extra inch of travel on my 2010 reign size Large? Are you guys not running from derailleurs? Obviously removing the derailleur fixes this. Furthermore, are you implying one would buy a new shock at $500+, press in the hardware, mount it up, only to cycle it and find it does not fit? What then? Sell it on ebay and buy the shorter stroke?

mtbr member
    Nov 2011
    I've been riding a 2013 Reign 1 for 12 months and are really enjoying it. I'm now trying to decide on whether to start spending money on upgrading the fork and shock or is the money better spent on buying the new 650B model or even the Trance SX. My bike has the OD2 system so a fork upgrade also means new upper headset and stem which makes it more expensive, thanks Giant. I was looking at the X Fusion Slant with 160mm travel which looks to be the 26" version of the Sweep. I've read a good review on this when compared head to head with the Pike. Anyone had any experience with this Fork?

mtbr member
    Sep 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by clone185 View Post
    I've been riding a 2013 Reign 1 for 12 months and are really enjoying it. I'm now trying to decide on whether to start spending money on upgrading the fork and shock or is the money better spent on buying the new 650B model or even the Trance SX. My bike has the OD2 system so a fork upgrade also means new upper headset and stem which makes it more expensive, thanks Giant. I was looking at the X Fusion Slant with 160mm travel which looks to be the 26" version of the Sweep. I've read a good review on this when compared head to head with the Pike. Anyone had any experience with this Fork?
    PIKE is definitely THE fork for now. Not sure bout the new 36 thought.

I've have same mindset with you, sell the bike, get a new 2015 reign 2. Instead changing parts and repairs which might or definitely cost even more than and complete bike upgrade.

mtbr member
    Nov 2011
    Definitely worth considering, still waiting for all of prices to be released here in NZ but it's looks like they could be around 10-12% more than the USA prices based on the 2015 XTC 29er which has already been listed on some local bike shop websites.

Page 22 of 22 FirstFirst ... 12 18 19 20 21 22