Page 22 of 22 FirstFirst ... 12 18 19 20 21 22
    mtbr member
    I'm running a 35mm with 740mm bar. Love the combo.

mtbr member
    Sep 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Hotwhls View Post
    So I just ordered a Spike Spank 35mm stem for my reign. I have the Answer 780mm DH bars. I had a 70mm stem with these same bars and I just wanted to try something shorter. Is anyone else running a 35mm length stem on there reign or am I crazy going this short?
    Stem is all bout your self riding preference ,yr arm length. Mine 50mm w/ 760mm bars.

mtbr member
    Aug 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by SkaredShtles View Post
    I tested my Fox Van-R without the coil spring on it and it went through full range with no problem...

So I ended up getting a new monarch pluc rc3 debonair in 7.875 x 2.00. Let all the air out, at full compression it is a mm or two from the front derailleur cable. The shock, however, still has 5-8 mm left on the shaft, indicating an internal spacer seperates this from the 2.25 stoke model.

My question remains the same: how would I run an extra inch of travel on my 2010 reign size Large? Are you guys not running from derailleurs? Obviously removing the derailleur fixes this. Furthermore, are you implying one would buy a new shock at $500+, press in the hardware, mount it up, only to cycle it and find it does not fit? What then? Sell it on ebay and buy the shorter stroke?

Page 22 of 22 FirstFirst ... 12 18 19 20 21 22