Thread: Giant Reign

Gig'em Aggies!

Giant Reign

I am going to the LBS later today in order to see how it fits, but would your recommendation be for a Medium or a Large frame? I am 6'0" and have heard that for all mountain rigs you generally go a size down which would put me at a medium. I do not know what all riding I will be doing on it as I enjoy single track but will be taking this bike all over the world with me.

A mean teen...
    Feb 2007
    I would highly recommend the Large frame. I'm roughly 5ft 8-9 and I find that my seat is still relatively high up compared to the seat tube, but others opinions may vary.

Gig'em Aggies!
    That makes since. I will probably just wait until Sea Otter and try to pick up a demo at a good price.

mtbr member
    Feb 2007
    Do you have long legs for your height? Long torso? If you have long legs, go for the medium. If you have a long torso, go for the large. If you absolutely cannot test ride, that is a good guideline. It also depends on what you've ridden in the past and how you like your bike to fit. I'm 6'3 with long legs, and I rode a large Trance X and a medium Reign X. A smaller frame will be stiffer, lighter, and stronger. Often they will handle slightly better, too.

My leg feels funny
    I'd try both if you can, I'm 6' and run a large 2005 but when I measure the effective top tube its actually 23.375(ish) despite what the site says. I prefer a lower seat on the DH so if the sizes on a current medium Reign X frame is correct then I hope to feel right at home on one when I'm out shopping for the new pedal up bike. In case it matters I also have a longer reach and run a 50mm stem and with all that I don't feel cramped on my current setup but thats all relative.

mtbr member
    Oct 2007
    im 5'7 or 5'8 with shoes, medium fit well. maaaaybe a tiny bit on the short side actually, but very comfortable, flickable fit. you'd probably feel like you were riding a clown bike on a medium! i think i have arms on the shorter side too.

mtbr member
    Feb 2007
    My wife's 5'6" and she's on a small. It really depends on your proportions more than anything.

slamma
    you guys are freaking me out, i just ordered a Med Reign 0 and im 511 long torso, 33 inseam average arm length, should i have got a Large.?? the LBS said that an employee there is 6' and rides a MED......oh well they said they would take a loss if it didnt fit, and order a large.
    Ride with timeless creed

My leg feels funny
    Quote Originally Posted by SPRAG
    they said they would take a loss if it didnt fit, and order a large.
    Its cool to hear a bike shop say something like that. I'm sure you'll be fine on the medium though, you can always throw a longer stem or a set back seat post on there if its really killing you.

mtbr member
    Feb 2007
    Like I said, I'm 6'3", and I love my medium. I do have a shorter torso, but it isn't that short, so you might love your medium.

mtbr member
    Oct 2007
    im 5'7 and the medium fits me perfect. i also have short arms.