mtbr member
    Feb 2006

Giant reign 3 suspension setup

Hi guys ive just got me self a r3 awesome bike and good value for money thing is
    ive set the front shocks up fine pumped them up and they are great the problem is the rear shocks,the guides they go by in the manual are a bit confusing i weight 75kgs fully packed out with camel and all the gear so could some one shed some light on the red and black knobs and what psi they have to be .and the blue rebound dial i mostly do xc with a bit of high speed dh thrown in for fun anyhelp be great.

Too Kool for Skool
    im assuming your talkin about the 05 model (red and black knobs give it away) my question is do u like to have a firm pedaling platform or smallbump sensitivity? do u like a firm main spring or a suppel one. personally i like a firm spring with a firm spring for very smooth or hilly courses and good small bump sensitivity for everything else. i weigh about 130 pounds (around 59kg) and run my main spring(black valve) at 140 psi and my spv (red valve) at around any ware from 105 pounds (road and very smooth courses) to almost nothing (anything where there are lots of small to big bumps. the bike pedals really really well even with low spv pressure. i hope i helped alittle im not the right weight for u. any other advice is to measure your shock compressed and extended and get it so when u sit on it it is using anyware from 20 to 30% travel. also the blue rebound knob controlls your rebound (duh) start with your rebound at full fast (turn the dial the opposite direction of the arrow) and go off a curb 8-12 incheshigh . have a friend count how many times it cycles though its travle b4 it stops moving. turn the rebound to the right1 click if it bounces at all keep doing this untill it just compresses and settles in its nutral (sag position)
    Quote Originally Posted by coma13
    it's short but it's pretty.... just like a guatemalan hooker...