Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456
    In dog years, I'm dead.
    I have S-XC2 29er wheels with Schwalbe Hans Dampf 2.35 width. I've been running these tubeless for 2 years with no problems. The Notubes website specifies the "Flow kit" for these wheels, & that's what I used. I needed to use a home compressor & remove the valve core to get them to seat. Once seated, they have been no problem. I'm running 21-24 psi. Great grip on wet roots & rocks on our local trails.

I'm thinking of putting the new Nobby Nic 29x2.6 on the front, but I'm worried it's too wide on this rim, with only 19mm internal width. Any opinions?
    Whatever your hand finds to do, do it with all your might.... (Ecclesiastes 9:10)

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by burtronix View Post
    I have S-XC2 29er wheels with Schwalbe Hans Dampf 2.35 width. I've been running these tubeless for 2 years with no problems. The Notubes website specifies the "Flow kit" for these wheels, & that's what I used. I needed to use a home compressor & remove the valve core to get them to seat. Once seated, they have been no problem. I'm running 21-24 psi. Great grip on wet roots & rocks on our local trails.

I'm thinking of putting the new Nobby Nic 29x2.6 on the front, but I'm worried it's too wide on this rim, with only 19mm internal width. Any opinions?
    I am set up the same but on 27.5 wheels. I think I will get a wider wheel set before getting 2.6" tires though as i want to run low pressure and maximize volume. 29 id or maybe the new Stan's S1 sentry at 32 id.

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk
    2015 Giant Trance 3
    X-Fusion Sweep RL2 160mm fork
    Straitline Defacto pedals
    Renthal Fatbar with TV 40mm stem
    Ergon Grips

In dog years, I'm dead.
    Quote Originally Posted by noose View Post
    I am set up the same but on 27.5 wheels. I think I will get a wider wheel set before getting 2.6" tires though as i want to run low pressure and maximize volume. 29 id or maybe the new Stan's S1 sentry at 32 id.

I'll probably upgrade the bike before I'd replace just the wheel set. Was hoping to get just a little more trail grip by going a bit wider on the front. But maybe it just can't happen with these narrow rims.
    Whatever your hand finds to do, do it with all your might.... (Ecclesiastes 9:10)

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by burtronix View Post
    I'll probably upgrade the bike before I'd replace just the wheel set. Was hoping to get just a little more trail grip by going a bit wider on the front. But maybe it just can't happen with these narrow rims.
    Fair enough. I am drooling over a fazzari timp peak but it's just a dream at this point.

2015 Giant Trance 3
    Ergon Grips

In dog years, I'm dead.
    Fair enough. I am drooling over a fazzari timp peak but it's just a dream at this point.

I'm checking out Salsa Pony Rustler/Horse Thief. Not quite a dream - maybe a mirage or hallucination.

mtbr member
    Feb 2006
    Does anyone know if the 2016 p-xc2 wheels can be converted to boost (specifically the rear) like the 2017 xc2 wheels? And are these the same wheels?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    Apr 2013
    Maxis Ardent EXO TR tires with the Stan's rim strip mount right up and inflate with a floor pump!

I previously had Kendra's and they were a nightmare even with a compressor. The new ones are a dream.

mtbr member
    May 2017
    Hi, I wanted to convert on my 2016 Talon 0 but I have no plan what to do. First: What tape size should I order? 21? 25? Also is something like the Schwalbe Tubeless easy kit alright or should I get the Stans Notubes stuff with the rim strip valves?

Will the Rapid Robs that are on the bike work with tubeless? And last but not least do I need to drill anything or is it possible to avoid that?
    Thanks y'all

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by sgticetea View Post
    Hi, I wanted to convert on my 2016 Talon 0 but I have no plan what to do. First: What tape size should I order? 21? 25? Also is something like the Schwalbe Tubeless easy kit alright or should I get the Stans Notubes stuff with the rim strip valves?

Will the Rapid Robs that are on the bike work with tubeless? And last but not least do I need to drill anything or is it possible to avoid that?
    Thanks y'all
    Hilarious. How do you manage daily life, like looking up phone numbers or finding places where you only know the adress of?

To answer your question I think there was a thread once focusing solely on the P-XC/S-XC wheelset with all the answers to your questions, it was somewhere in this very forum, I cannot see it right now but it must be close, real close...

mtbr member
    May 2017
    Thanks for helping...
    Alright so let me ask you a different question: Is it worth to get the 60€ Stans flow kit over the 35€ Schwalbe Tubeless easy kit?

mtbr member
    I'd buy the Schwalbe set together with another 500ml bottle of Fluid.

mtbr member
    Feb 2006
    Does anyone have any information and weights on the XC1, XC2 and XC3 wheelset that have been appearing on the 29" 2017,2018 bikes?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    May 2017
    So just a quick update, got the Schwalbe stuff, installed the tape but the Rapid Rob doesn't even get bothered by my pump so either I need a compressor which I don't have and won't buy only for that or the RR is just not tight enough for tubeless on this wheel

mtbr member
    I need a compressor which I don't have and won't buy
    mhmm you're not the only person worldwide who's in this dilemma.

google Schwalbe Air shot.

Someone should eventually start paying me here for my genius ideas...

mtbr member
    May 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by Steel Calf View Post
    google Schwalbe Air shot
    I've seen those things but for that money I could just buy a set of tubeless ready wheels. Still considering a getto booster though

mtbr member
    for that money I could just buy a set of tubeless ready wheels
    must be some dipshit wheels for 50$

mtbr member
    May 2017
    Okay so new tires are 60€ (Nobby nic) but a booster is probably a use once item right? Tubeless ready wheels will probably not need it so it's 50€ for one use and even then no guarantee the RRs will go up

mtbr member
    a tire is not a wheel mister

a booster is probably a use once item right?
    probably, yes. The booster comes prefilled with air. You boost one tire and then you throw the booster away. Pretty damn expensive. I wish there was a way to refill it with air or something

And apart from dozens of user reports and videos on YouTube that show the device in action there's no real guarantee that the booster will indeed work, don't take your chances buddy.

mtbr member
    Ich sehe du bist aus Deutschland. Der Booster kostet 42€ bei bike24 und Konsorten und ist natürlich wiederverwendbar. Alles weitere gibts auf YouTube zum ansehen wenn Lesen nicht so deine Stärke ist.

mtbr member
    May 2017
    Ich sehe du bist aus Deutschland. Der Booster kostet 42€ bei bike24 und Konsorten und ist natürlich wiederverwendbar. Alles weitere gibts auf YouTube zum ansehen wenn Lesen nicht so deine Stärke ist.
    Ging mir eher drum dass ich den Booster nur einmal brauche weil Tubeless Reifen eigentlich auch mit Handpunpe funktionieren sollten und der Booster dementsprechend nur für die aktuellen Reifen nötig wäre

mtbr member
    Ging mir eher drum dass ich den Booster nur einmal brauche weil Tubeless Reifen eigentlich auch mit Handpunpe funktionieren sollten und der Booster dementsprechend nur für die aktuellen Reifen nötig wäre
    Verstehe die Logik dahinter nicht.
    Du willst also sagen dass nachdem du die 2 Reifen mit Hilfe des boosters montiert hast du ihn nie wieder brauchen wirst? Das Rad mit den 2 tubeless montierten Reifen verwendest du bis an dein Lebensende?

mtbr member
    May 2017
    Verstehe die Logik dahinter nicht.
    Du willst also sagen dass nachdem du die 2 Reifen mit Hilfe des boosters montiert hast du ihn nie wieder brauchen wirst? Das Rad mit den 2 tubeless montierten Reifen verwendest du bis an dein Lebensende?
    Also wie ich das bisher gesehen habe bleibt der Reifen wenn er einmal sitzt drauf, zum einfüllen von Docblue dann einfach den Ventilkern entfernen. Und wenn ich dann irgendwann neue Reifen brauche kaufe ich halt welche mit Tubeless easy, die sollten dann auch mit der Standpumpe draufgehen

mtbr member
    welche mit Tubeless easy, die sollten dann auch mit der Standpumpe draufgehen
    das hört sich jetzt so an wie wenn dass ein Fakt wäre? Wenn du dich im Internet nicht einlesen willst oder kannst, spätestens bei der Standpumpen Montage wirst eh draufkommen.

mtbr member
    Aug 2011
    Can someone tell what type of bearings are in Giant Trance SXC-2 2016 27.5" wheelset hubs? As far as I know front wheel has sealed cartridge bearings, but I'm not sure about rear wheel. I can't find any official info. Thanks for the answers.
    Last edited by dviratinis; 05-16-2017 at 07:42 AM.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by dviratinis View Post
    Can someone tell what type of bearings are in Giant Trance SXC-2 2016 27.5" wheelset hubs? As far as I know front wheel has sealed cartridge bearings, but I'm not sure about rear wheel. I can't find any official info. Thanks for the answers.
    The rear is not sealed but front may be. I just fixed the bad play in my rear hub by tightening the cone nut and flushed with penetrant and repacked it with Krazy grease. She's good now.

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk
    2015 Giant Trance 3
    Ergon Grips

mtbr member
    Can someone tell me if you can buy or convert the rear wheel hub end cap of the Sxc-2 to accept a 12x142 giant thru axle?

2015 Giant Trance 3
    Ergon Grips

mtbr member
    Can someone tell me if you can buy or convert the rear wheel hub end cap of the Sxc-2 to accept a 12x142 giant thru axle?
    no it's not...

I don't even own the wheelset but the answer is in this very thread (how convenient) and can be found via search function (not by everyone obviously)

see post #446

mtbr member
    no it's not...

I don't even own the wheelset but the answer is in this very thread (how convenient) and can be found via search function (not by everyone obviously)

see post #446
    Thread search is not specific to this thread or if it is its intuitive to the point of uselessness. Nothing personal it's just bad coding.
    2015 Giant Trance 3
    Ergon Grips

mtbr member
    I see. Thread search function specific to thread is only accessible for me then, I'm privileged.

Sometimes when nothing works I actually need to bring my big gun:
    www.google.com
    "SXC-2 thru axle"
    [enter]

mtbr member
    I see. Thread search function specific to thread is only accessible for me then, I'm privileged.

Sometimes when nothing works I actually need to bring my big gun:
    www.google.com
    "SXC-2 thru axle"
    [enter]
    You had me at 'no it's not'. Thanks.

2015 Giant Trance 3
    Ergon Grips

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by CS645 View Post
    Thanks for the replies guys.

So these Giant wheels are not only narrow, heavy and slow engaging, they also are non-convertible. How pre-historic.

Giant really needs to up their game here.
    Agreed! Knowing what I know now, quality wheels will be a higher priority consideration on my next bike purchase. Interestingly it looks like not much change in the 2017 Giant wheels.
    Last edited by noose; 06-10-2017 at 10:42 PM.
    2015 Giant Trance 3
    Ergon Grips

mtbr member
    Oct 2015
    Any body running continental trail King 2.4 on there sxc2 rims tubless of tubes. If so how does it hold up and what type of front back clearance is there

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by syrous44 View Post
    Any body running continental trail King 2.4 on there sxc2 rims tubless of tubes. If so how does it hold up and what type of front back clearance is there
    since you don't state your bike frame or front fork this question is impossible to answer

try again

mtbr member
    Oct 2015
    since you don't state your bike frame or front fork this question is impossible to answer

try again
    Sorry 2015 trance 2 stock

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456