Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011
    In dog years, I'm dead.
    I have S-XC2 29er wheels with Schwalbe Hans Dampf 2.35 width. I've been running these tubeless for 2 years with no problems. The Notubes website specifies the "Flow kit" for these wheels, & that's what I used. I needed to use a home compressor & remove the valve core to get them to seat. Once seated, they have been no problem. I'm running 21-24 psi. Great grip on wet roots & rocks on our local trails.

I'm thinking of putting the new Nobby Nic 29x2.6 on the front, but I'm worried it's too wide on this rim, with only 19mm internal width. Any opinions?
    Whatever your hand finds to do, do it with all your might.... (Ecclesiastes 9:10)

mtbr member
    Feb 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by burtronix View Post
    I have S-XC2 29er wheels with Schwalbe Hans Dampf 2.35 width. I've been running these tubeless for 2 years with no problems. The Notubes website specifies the "Flow kit" for these wheels, & that's what I used. I needed to use a home compressor & remove the valve core to get them to seat. Once seated, they have been no problem. I'm running 21-24 psi. Great grip on wet roots & rocks on our local trails.

I'm thinking of putting the new Nobby Nic 29x2.6 on the front, but I'm worried it's too wide on this rim, with only 19mm internal width. Any opinions?
    I am set up the same but on 27.5 wheels. I think I will get a wider wheel set before getting 2.6" tires though as i want to run low pressure and maximize volume. 29 id or maybe the new Stan's S1 sentry at 32 id.

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk
    2015 Giant Trance 3
    X-Fusion Sweep RL2 160mm fork
    Straitline Defacto pedals
    Renthal Fatbar with TV 40mm stem
    Ergon Grips

In dog years, I'm dead.
    Quote Originally Posted by noose View Post
    I am set up the same but on 27.5 wheels. I think I will get a wider wheel set before getting 2.6" tires though as i want to run low pressure and maximize volume. 29 id or maybe the new Stan's S1 sentry at 32 id.

I'll probably upgrade the bike before I'd replace just the wheel set. Was hoping to get just a little more trail grip by going a bit wider on the front. But maybe it just can't happen with these narrow rims.
    Whatever your hand finds to do, do it with all your might.... (Ecclesiastes 9:10)

mtbr member
    Feb 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by burtronix View Post
    I'll probably upgrade the bike before I'd replace just the wheel set. Was hoping to get just a little more trail grip by going a bit wider on the front. But maybe it just can't happen with these narrow rims.
    Fair enough. I am drooling over a fazzari timp peak but it's just a dream at this point.

2015 Giant Trance 3
    X-Fusion Sweep RL2 160mm fork
    Straitline Defacto pedals
    Renthal Fatbar with TV 40mm stem
    Ergon Grips

In dog years, I'm dead.
    Quote Originally Posted by noose View Post
    Fair enough. I am drooling over a fazzari timp peak but it's just a dream at this point.

I'm checking out Salsa Pony Rustler/Horse Thief. Not quite a dream - maybe a mirage or hallucination.

mtbr member
    Feb 2006
    Does anyone know if the 2016 p-xc2 wheels can be converted to boost (specifically the rear) like the 2017 xc2 wheels? And are these the same wheels?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011