mtbr member
    Oct 2008

Giant NRS Suspension Assembly

I recently purchased a used Giant NRS Air frame and decided I should clean up the rear suspension before I built it up. Upon taking it apart, I noticed that the assembly where the rockers connect to the top of the rear triangle was not the same on both sides, it clearly was not reassembled correctly.
    I'd really appreciate if someone could take a picture of how this joint is configured, or merely desribe it. The seller provided me with a bag of spare parts (parts that he forgot to re-install when reassembling?) that included some nylon washers and 2mm spacers. After playing around with it, I assembled: small black 2mm spacer, bearing/rocker, steel 2mm spacer, nylon washer.
    Thanks for any help.

mtbr member
    Aug 2004
    Here's a link to the 2004 manual.
    http://www.giant-bicycles.com/_uploa...s%20Manual.pdf
    Have fun!

mtbr member
    Oct 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by tegski
    Here's a link to the 2004 manual.
    http://www.giant-bicycles.com/_uploa...s%20Manual.pdf
    Have fun!
    How do you get to the owners manuals? When I click the link at the bottom of Giant's homepage, it brings me to a list a generic manuals, not model specific manuals. Thanks for that link, though.

mtbr member
    Aug 2004
    Didn't think too hard, but googled "giant NRS assembly diagram"
    Ah the wonders of google!
    Have fun putting it back together the right way. I have an NRS 2 from 2005. Make sure that the bearings are well greased and that any loctite from the bolts does not get back to the bolt bearing interface otherwise it gets annoying creaks (from experience!)