mtbr member
    Mar 2009

Giant NRS 3 - Marzocchi XC 600 Fork

I have a NRS 3 with a Rock Shock Pilot fork and I want to replace it with a Marzocchi XC 600 TST 2 with 120mm travel. The Pilot is 80-100mm travel. Will the Marzocchi travel throw off the geometry?

mtbr member
    Aug 2008
    Im also very interested in this. Anyone have an answer?

mtbr member
    Yes, it will throw off the geometry by slackening the head angle by about 1 degree. This may be what you are after, though. I would be more concerned about ripping the head-tube off and voiding the warranty at 120mm. I would recommend a 100mm, 115mm or U-Turn Rock Shox Reba (Sweet) or Recon (Almost as Sweet) over the Marz, based on my experience with their TST forks. The RS forks have proven to be super-reliable and are the easiest to service forks out there.
    Ride More

mtbr member
    I've done my research on this before when it was time for a fork upgrade on my NRS. I wouldn't go any more than 100mm - personally!!

NRS's were built to be fast short travel (80-100mm) xc bikes.

mtbr member
    Mar 2009
    Thanks for the replies. Now can anyone advise on a good 100mm fork with 32 stanchions and under $250? The problem with the Pilot was that is was a noodle and bottom out due to max pressure of only 20 psi.

bi-winning
    Quote Originally Posted by lslance
    Thanks for the replies. Now can anyone advise on a good 100mm fork with 32 stanchions and under $250? The problem with the Pilot was that is was a noodle and bottom out due to max pressure of only 20 psi.
    you may want to consider the Rock Shox Tora 318

http://www.pricepoint.com/detail/177...ac=16&zmap=315
    When under pressure, your level of performance will sink to your level of preparation.

Shorthills Cycling Club

Bike Geek

100 mm

I have a 2003 NRS 3, that I just upgraded the fork on. It now has a 100mm Magura fork and I love it!!!! I am going to write a review on the fork, but I must say it improved the bike a lot! I took it off road for the first time yesterday, and rode over a lot of stuff I would not even try on the old 80 mm Duke I had on it. Mind you, the Duke was still better than the stock 88 pilot.

If you could score a magura for cheap, I would highly recommend it for your NRS.
    RIP AL DAVIS

BOR
    mtbr member
    May 2007
    Howdy.
    I've put a Marzocchi bomber mx 120 mm ETA do my XTC NRS and it was a great decision.
    Oyrginally it had a 100 mm suntour and this fork is almost the same size when comparing!
    Besize that 15-20mm will be eaten by sag, so no problem. Now nrs is more comfortable.
    If you spotted big climb than power on ETA and you have a 60mm fork.
    So I say go for 120mm fork. NRS will thank you for it.