Canuck

Giant NRS-1 new headset question

I got my beloved NRS-1 in 2002 and I still love it so much I decided it was worthy of some component upgrades to keep her going, even though I just bought and Anthem for my Fiance and I love that too.

So, I just got my '08 Fox 32 F100 RLC Disc Only fork and I want to replace the internal / integrated headset that has been holding my SID for all of these years.

Can anyone tell me a good headset replacement? I do not know much about them, I think the NRS takes a Zero-stack headset, like the Cane Creek ZS-6 Headset, but I am not sure. I just dropped $600 on a new fork, so I want something decent holding it in place.

So if someone could help me out it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance

...oh and if anyone cares, I also got new Shimano XT-765 Dual hydraulic shifters and XT-765 break-calipers, a Titec Pluto Carbon Stem, and carbon flat-bar handlebars as well...
    " If you're still in control, then you aren't going fast enough! "

mtbr member
    May 2004
    I would recommend taking it to a bike shop and ask. Just to make sure it fits correctly. Or you can try these http://www.betd.co.uk/items.asp?Cate...adset+Reducers and go with a normal headset like Hope or Chris King.

mtbr member
    May 2005
    My Giant dealer had "Made by FSA for Giant" cartridge bearing headsets, for something like $25, the box says something like for 2005 NRS, but it fit nicely on my VT.

Canuck
    Thanks, ya I ended up just contacting the dealer where I bought the bike and they ordered it from Giant for me. Bit of a pain, I wish I could just get something like that myself. but it's done, thankfully
    " If you're still in control, then you aren't going fast enough! "

mtbr member
    The FSA made for Giant headset is good and cheap.
    i also like the slotted bottom washer, wich fits on the fork without a tool.
    Belgian beer and Scotch whisky.

Members who have read this thread: 0