mtbr member
    Apr 2012

which giant is for me?

So here is what I will be doing with a good mountain Bike. i want a Giant or a Norco. I had a Giant reign 2(2012), but I was just starting to like it after a couple months of having it. then it was stolen.

I am not sure if this was the bike I want. I like doing good trail riding with uphill, downhill, not many big drops at all, however perhaps I would.

is the Reign best suited for me, or would another model be reccomended. I did find the reign had a fair bit of flex when sitting on it.

Let me know,

thanks giant riders.

Ryan

mtbr member
    If you think you will do freeriding, drops, jumps, technical terrain etc... on a regular basis then definitely a Reign, if not a ReignX. On the other hand if you do more smooth single track or light technical terrain i would look for a 120-140mm travel bike. I personally don't like the TranceX, Dont know anything about Norco.

I love my ReignX, but I like to ride rough trails and go downhilling about once a month.

mtbr member
    Apr 2012
    Hey PhaseSpace... I just like doing basic trails, with a few obstacles, I am not to crazy and I dont do drops. any other bike youi can reccomend?

DFMBA.org
    Quote Originally Posted by cabral114 View Post
    Hey PhaseSpace... I just like doing basic trails, with a few obstacles, I am not to crazy and I dont do drops. any other bike youi can reccomend?
    What is your budget? This will determine alot.
    Please donate to IMBA or your local IMBA chapter. It's trail karma.

cowbell
    If you aren't doing drops, and you want a bike you can spend hours on riding trail and have a lot of fun with down hills, and still ride up hills very well, look at the Trance. If you're more into just flat out going fast, look into the Anthem. Unless you want a hard tail, then the XTC is a nice ride. If your local shop sells these bikes, go ride some of them around and see what feels best to you.