mtbr member
    May 2013

Giant Lust Advanced 27.5

Any women out there have any seat time on this bike? Would love to hear a ride review or more details. Thanks

mtbr member
    Jul 2010
    My wife is looking at these as we speak. We are planning to visit a dealer that has the Lust 2(non advanced) in stock. I will update with what she finds.

mtbr member
    May 2013
    My wife has the Lust Advanced 2 ordered but I have not seen much feedback on the Lust in general. Thanks

mtbr member
    Aug 2005
    My shop unfortunately only has an XS built and on the floor. However, my wife has ridden a men's small and medium. She is 5'4". Only parking lot test, with some curb hopping and grass riding.

Just not enough for any real comment on how the bike is. The industry does a great job for shops and media getting to test bikes, but when it comes to the people dropping the money, they fail to make test rides available to the us. Very frustrating.

The medium certainly is huge for her, however she will be on a women's small Advance Lust 2 in the near future.

mtbr member
    Jul 2010
    Well...my wife went to ride the Lust 2
    and it just so happened they were unboxing a lust 2 advanced at the same time.

She liked the Lust 2, but it didn't feel that much different than her current Fuel EX8 WSD. When she got back to the shop they had already assembled the Advanced 2...she was in love. Needless to say the next day I surprised her with it. We have been out 3 times so far and she is loving the bike. She rides an XS and the only downside is the room between the bottle cage and the rear shock.

The bike its self is fantastic.

mtbr member
    May 2013
    Nice. Any chance your shop got a weight on it? That would be interesting. Enjoy. J

mtbr member
    Jul 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by YogiKudo View Post
    Nice. Any chance your shop got a weight on it? That would be interesting. Enjoy. J
    When we go back to pickup my Superfly I will have them get a weight on it. Superfly is in having the shock repaired under warranty.

mtbr member
    Nov 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by YogiKudo View Post
    My LBS weighed it and it's about 25.5 lbs out of the box for a small. I made some mods to mine (wheel swap, 1x11, and some cockpit stuff) and got it around 23.5.

mtbr member
    Feb 2014

Giant Lust Advanced 27.5

LucindaIn care for sharing a pic of your pimp lust advance. Ty

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    Jun 2007
    No ride reviews here but for those looking around I suprised my GF last night with a small Lust 2. She's 5'6" and feels really cramped on it. Most other WSD designs pretty much recommend her on a medium but I was going off of the competitive cyclist bike fit calculator. We'll try a medium this afternoon and she what she thinks.

mtbr member
    Aug 2005
    My wife is 5'4" and the small is perfect for her. At 5'6" your wife might be in-between sizes.

I used to prefer to size down and get a longer stem, but the industry is really changing to shorter stems and wider bars. I am definitely starting to think seriously about my next bike and sizing up and shortening the stem.

mtbr member
    Jun 2007
    At 5'6" my girl has longer legs and shorter torso so I we will most likely do the medium with shorter stem if she needs one. If she can't get comfy on the lust we'll try the anthem and trance! The best bet would have been to just take her with me to the shop but that throws out the surprise element!

mtbr member
    Aug 2005
    What does she ride now? Can you compare geo numbers?

I base all of my "surprises' for my wife after looking at all of the geos for all past bikes. Yes I have a spread sheet.

I do the same for my bikes too.

mtbr member
    Jun 2007
    Right now she's on an 18.5 trek fuel ex8 that I got super cheap off ebay. It's Way to big and that's the only bike she's ever had so those numbers don't help me much. We will find the right one at the bike shop this afternoon!

mtbr member
    Apr 2014
    I bought a Giant Lust 1 about two months ago. It has totally changed my riding and love of mountain biking. I can climb better with a wider range of gears than my old bike and I don't worry about rocks, logs, and roots as much because of the dual suspension. I have the grip shifters and really love them since I have small hands. I ride the XS and I'm about 4'10". So far so good!

mtbr member
    Nov 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Gosabrs View Post
    I bought a Giant Lust 1 about two months ago. It has totally changed my riding and love of mountain biking. I can climb better with a wider range of gears than my old bike and I don't worry about rocks, logs, and roots as much because of the dual suspension. I have the grip shifters and really love them since I have small hands. I ride the XS and I'm about 4'10". So far so good!
    Glad you love it! I love my Lust Advanced 2. So light and fun to ride. Fits me really well. I'm interested in seeing what Giant does in 2015.

mtbr member
    Aug 2005
    My wife just finished BC Bike race on her Advanced Lust 2. Only change to the bike were stans crests and ikon 2.35 tires tubeless. I asked her after the race what she thought of the bike and she said it was perfect.

I asked if there were any other bikes she would have wish she had there (she has owned many) and she said Nope this was perfect.

mtbr member
    Nov 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by heythorp View Post
    My wife just finished BC Bike race on her Advanced Lust 2. Only change to the bike were stans crests and ikon 2.35 tires tubeless. I asked her after the race what she thought of the bike and she said it was perfect.

I asked if there were any other bikes she would have wish she had there (she has owned many) and she said Nope this was perfect.
    That's awesome! I added Stans Crests to my bike as well. I also went 1x11 and am getting ready to add a dropper seatpost.

It's such a fun bike. I'm glad she likes it!

mtbr member
    Aug 2005
    Forgot about the dropper post. Yep she ran a Giant dropper ran internally, (thread on here about it somewhere).

There were 3 of us at the race and we all ran the trigger upside down. On a 1x11 not an issue, but having the shifter on the front side we all felt it was better to push the lever forward than down towards the front shifter.

Even without the front shifter I would probably still run it upside down. We all felt it was faster to find and engage this way.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Giant Lust Advanced 27.5-securedownload.jpg