SMT Supporter

... and if we just ... giant faith rear hub!

Hi giant riders. A few days ago i recived a new 06 giant faith frameset, and now im trying to get all the parts left to build the bike.

Anyone here who's ridin a faith have upgrated the sock formula rear hub? If so, which options are there for faith size?
    I can only find the shimano saint FH-M805 which isn't ball bearing hub and have the silly centerlock disc mounts. I also saw the bontrager king earl 150mm/12mm OLD but is kind of expensive for me. any other options??
    BTW anyone knows what OLD means?

I will post pics of the bike as soon i finish it.

cheers

SMT Supporter
    uop!!! please! i know somebody have build one from thre framset

2010 Glory custom FR
    I am afraid that Formula is the best money/value choice.
    I think you can easily find many more expensive hubs on the market, like Ringle, Hadley, etc
    pozdro
    frango

Giant STP 06

mtbr member
    Jun 2004
    you can run anything as long as it's a 12 x 150 mm spacing. unfortunately, there's not many cheap hub in that size. but then again, in my opinion, bikes that are made with that sized hub dont desearve cheap hubs.

SMT Supporter
    Beauster i agree with your opinion, but im trying to find a better hub than the formula but not as expensive as a chris king. So i think that there are not really big diferences between brands in the hi-end level. I think a sun ringle isn;t really worse than a shiny King hub. so im looking (as frango said before) the best money/value rear hub.

SMT Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by KonaStinky05
    dude, that thing won't fit my faith frame. That's a 12/150mm thru axel hub. the faith doesn't come with axel and it is 150/12 nutted or OLD. If you know a way to make that hub fit on my frame, please let me know.

mtbr member
    Jun 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Mongiafer
    dude, that thing won't fit my faith frame. That's a 12/150mm thru axel hub. the faith doesn't come with axel and it is 150/12 nutted or OLD. If you know a way to make that hub fit on my frame, please let me know.
    actually im pretty sure that hub WILL fit the faith. as long as it is a 150x12 mm hub. now you just need the axle. it's retarded of giant not to supply them. but you'll have to do some looking and see who makes them. check the azonic website and atomlab

DH on a HT
    if i was you i would go with the azonic outlaw wheels it comes in 135mm and 150mm but you will need to get there momentum axle its a 12mm axle with standard bmx style threads and nuts so it will fit the OLD dropouts
    Check me out...

Oneal/Azonic, e.13, Hayes, ODI grips, SIXSIXONE

SMT Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by DraVen
    if i was you i would go with the azonic outlaw wheels it comes in 135mm and 150mm but you will need to get there momentum axle its a 12mm axle with standard bmx style threads and nuts so it will fit the OLD dropouts
    Ok thats the post i needed to read. So i will get the azonic axle and the outlaw wheels.

thanks dude

Biketart.com
    Jan 2005
    get a Hope Pro II hub?

It's what I got for my Faith. They're awesome.

mtbr member
    Jul 2005
    yeah i would say go with formula. by the way is that frame raw or putty? and does it have the same graphics as 05 or the new 06 ones? lol thanks

mtbr member
    Jun 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Chartreuse
    get a Hope Pro II hub?

It's what I got for my Faith. They're awesome.
    Hope Pro II are the best. especially the ZZZZZZZZ when flying!

SMT Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by the name is alex
    yeah i would say go with formula. by the way is that frame raw or putty? and does it have the same graphics as 05 or the new 06 ones? lol thanks
    The frame is a 05 putty gray in 17 inches! ist the same as faith 1 but doesn't have the 1 on the top tube. check my post and you will find asome pics of it!

FINALLY I GET THE AZONIC RECOIL HUB LACED TO A MAVIC EX729 IN 36 HOLES. AND I GOT THE FIGGIN RECOIL AXLE!

mtbr member
    Jul 2005
    ohh i thought you said it was a 2006. im thinking of getting one and i was curious of the color the 06 framesets are. lol thanks anyways

SMT Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by the name is alex
    ohh i thought you said it was a 2006. im thinking of getting one and i was curious of the color the 06 framesets are. lol thanks anyways
    Well i think 05 and 06 frameset are the same, the guy at the bike shop told me that mines was going to be a 06. I check the giant website and the frameset is still putty gray, so.....I don't know, but what i know is that the putty gray looks way better in person than in the pictures. so don't even think about it and get the faith is a great bike and in terms of versatility doesn't have rivals.

mtbr member
    Jul 2005
    yeah well when you get the bike let me know lol. and post some pics!