mtbr member
    Jul 2004

New question here. Giant Crash replacement frame HELP????

I am in the process of getting a crash replacement frame.. At least I hope.... I was wondering a few things.. How long does this process take??? Also, who pays for the frame, Giant or the Bike shop?? I was told the bike shop pays for the crash replacement frame?? Is that true??? Thanks for your time and information.... :

Reviewer/Tester
    If the frame is still under the Giant warranty, and it should be... then no, the bike shop does not pay for the new frame.

Giant replaces it free of charge.

R.

mtbr member
    Feb 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by MTBSWA
    I am in the process of getting a crash replacement frame.. At least I hope.... I was wondering a few things.. How long does this process take??? Also, who pays for the frame, Giant or the Bike shop?? I was told the bike shop pays for the crash replacement frame?? Is that true??? Thanks for your time and information.... :
    I have done a few crash replacements with Giant and yes the shop pays for the frame. I call Giant to let them know I have a crach replacement at my shop, they ask for serial #'s and what happened, then they send a new frame out if they have in stock(which they always do) and I recieve the frame in about 2-4 days. In regards to the cost of the frame I get them at 20% less then wholesale that I then pass along to the consumer. In most cases because they bought the bike from my anyway I only charge them what the frame cost me but do charge to switch over all they parts from the old frame. Hope that answered your question.