mtbr member
    Apr 2006

A giant Anthem X or a Blur xc '07

Which bike should I pick? The blur's now are quite a good value and I cannot decide versus an Anthem x.
    Has anyone experience on both bikes so that he can compare briefly their riding characteristics. Please note that I am selling my Titus racer X 'cause I find it to be very unresponsive at the rear and thus it is very unbalanced on downhils. It is a great climber but it is very anoying, the rear end never folows the front and if you stiffen the fork to match the rear then what's the reason for having it? I read that the blur is very plus at teh rear but I do not know how it compares to giant.
    thank you.

mtbr member
    Ask around on the SC forums about the pivots in the Blur going bad about once a year. I have also heard that they flex and creak a lot. I think they have remedied this for '08 or '09, but you should look into this. I have had 5 maestro bikes (Anthem X now) and have never had a problem. Disclaimer: I have gotten a new one every year, so my long-term knowledge is limited to about 1000-1500 miles on each bike. I can say that the Anthem X is very well balanced with the SID fork. If you want "very plush" I would suggest the Trance X. If you want "plush, but controlled" I would suggest the Anthem X.
    Ride More

mtbr member
    Nov 2005
    If you want plush suspension why are you considering race bikes like the Blur or Anthem?

Never ridden an anthem but my blur xc is not plush, its a race oriented bike. A santa cruz superlight is plusher, lighter, and cheaper than the blur.