mtbr member
    Sep 2008

Giant Anthem X 3

Hi guys. I was looking for a full sus bike that can be :

Ridden down short stairs.

Do abit of jumping of no more than 1m.

Climb uphill and speed downhill

I came upon the Giant Anthem X3 which fits within my budget. Theres another Giant Trance X2 (Trance 2) but that model is very old, which has only 4" of travel. I cant afford the Giant Trance X series as im still a student. I was wondering if the Anthem can do the jobs that i listed above. What do you guys think?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by AScott_user
    Hi guys. I was looking for a full sus bike that can be :

Ridden down short stairs.

Do abit of jumping of no more than 1m.

Climb uphill and speed downhill

I came upon the Giant Anthem X3 which fits within my budget. Theres another Giant Trance X2 (Trance 2) but that model is very old, which has only 4" of travel. I cant afford the Giant Trance X series as im still a student. I was wondering if the Anthem can do the jobs that i listed above. What do you guys think?
    The '08+ Trance X has 5.0 inches of travel. I have an '08 X1 and it does everything you mentioned. I was considering the Anthem but after demo'd the Trance X for about 18 miles I was sold on it.
    “Change is not a requirement because survival is not mandatory”

mtbr member
    Jan 2008
    Just food for thought, if the Anthem X3 is within your budget, the Trance X3 is about the same price as well.

mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by GT5050
    Just food for thought, if the Anthem X3 is within your budget, the Trance X3 is about the same price as well.
    How weird. The shop was retailing the Trance X3 SGD$1k more than the Anthem X3. The Anthem X3 was retailing at SGD$2k while the Trance X3 is at SGD$3k.