mtbr member
    Aug 2011

Giant 2013 sizing guide

Not sure if it was already posted, but here is new sizing guide for 2013.

https://www17.corecommerce.com/~push...ng%20Guide.pdf
    ==============
    Anthem X 29er 0

mtbr member
    I hadn't seen that, thanks for posting it. It's interesting to see what Giant thinks sizes should be. At 6'3" I had determined looking at the geometry and TTL that the XL was going to be most comfortable to me, and they say I'm right on the bottom edge for that. Oh well!

mtbr member
    Oct 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Cotharyus View Post
    I hadn't seen that, thanks for posting it. It's interesting to see what Giant thinks sizes should be. At 6'3" I had determined looking at the geometry and TTL that the XL was going to be most comfortable to me, and they say I'm right on the bottom edge for that. Oh well!
    I fully agree, at 6'2 1/2" I have test rode both a L and XL XTC and felt more comfortable on the XL so have ordered a XTC Advanced SL1, hope I'm not wrong!

mtbr member
    Jul 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by esblo View Post
    Not sure if it was already posted, but here is new sizing guide for 2013.

https://www17.corecommerce.com/~push...ng%20Guide.pdf
    Where do you get this, I cannot find it on Giant's website?

Thanks.

mtbr member
    Sep 2012
    good, thanks

mtbr member
    Aug 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by j__h View Post
    Where do you get this, I cannot find it on Giant's website?

Thanks.
    Pure luck. I have never seen such stuff publish on their site. Usualy they chare such pdfs with their distributors/lbs.

Here's example of full catalogue for 2012 in PDF: http://www.giant.hr/GIANT_2012_SourceBook.pdf
    ==============
    Anthem X 29er 0

mtbr member
    FYI - I was told by my lbs (who was told by their Giant Rep) that this online sizing guide was bogus, and not produced by Giant. True or not, I don't know, but beware.

A guy pre-ordered a Trance X 29er based on this chart, and was disappointed, so the Rep was asked about it....

mtbr member
    Aug 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by d365 View Post
    FYI - I was told by my lbs (who was told by their Giant Rep) that this online sizing guide was bogus, and not produced by Giant. True or not, I don't know, but beware.

A guy pre-ordered a Trance X 29er based on this chart, and was disappointed, so the Rep was asked about it....
    Really don't know, but whoever has done it was pretty punctual in getting the right fonts, all models etc. I also found following link seems to match PDF on previous link (at least for TX29).

Giant Bicycles Sizing R&R Sport NZ
    ==============
    Anthem X 29er 0

mtbr member
    whoever has done it was pretty punctual in getting the right fonts, all models etc.
    ^^ was told the Giant Rep commented on that too. He could be wrong... I don't know. I just wanted to put that out there.

I sat on a L Tx29 yesterday, and it felt pretty good, but needed a 90mm stem. I ride a L Ax now, but that chart shows me squarely on the Med. on all models....

I'm waiting for them to get a Med. Tx29 to see for myself.

jps
    mtbr member
    Feb 2005
    If only Giant would reduce the stand over on the AX29ers! The Large I ride, with a 32" inseam, is waaaay high. The 29er wheels were one thing to get used to, but the stand over makes it look and feel really big. Still love the bike, but if I could change two things, it would be stand over and chainstay length.

mtbr member
    Aug 2011

I would say it's real. My LBS has it and is using it ...
    ==============
    Anthem X 29er 0

mtbr member
    Sep 2012
    thanks, interesting

mtbr member
    May 2011

so he results a bigger or smaller frame than what he needs?

mtbr member
    ^^ was told the Giant Rep commented on that too. He could be wrong... I don't know. I just wanted to put that out there.

I sat on a L Tx29 yesterday, and it felt pretty good, but needed a 90mm stem. I ride a L Ax now, but that chart shows me squarely on the Med. on all models....

I'm waiting for them to get a Med. Tx29 to see for myself.
    (X-post)

I just wanted to update, for others. I sat on a M Tx2. I prefer the M, with 100mm stem, but the seatpost is at max, and the seat is as far back as it can go, which is a concern. All with stock post (non-dropper, 20mm offset), seat, etc. The L just felt too large, by comparison, and the M was much more agile feeling. I think I am dead in between sizes, which makes the decision difficult. Not sure what to do.....

carbon classic
    Jul 2011
    (X-post)

I just wanted to update, for others. I sat on a M Tx2. I prefer the M, with 100mm stem, but the seatpost is at max, and the seat is as far back as it can go, which is a concern. All with stock post (non-dropper, 20mm offset), seat, etc. The L just felt too large, by comparison, and the M was much more agile feeling. I think I am dead in between sizes, which makes the decision difficult. Not sure what to do.....

Size charts will give you a guide, but Nothing can beat a proper test ride out on some trails.

And like a few of you out there, I've had a query about which is the right size Trance X29er ?

I'm 6' with a 34" inseam.

Finally got a chance to get out on the TX29er-0 today and according to the size chart I'm right on the border of M and L, so I took both sizes out for a good spin.

Now conventional wisdom says, if you are in between sizes or borderline, go for the smaller size frame. For reference, I've been riding a Medium Anthem X29er for over a year now.

Well............back to my opening point (nothing beats a test ride). I rode the M frame first. Felt good, more plush than my AX29, still climbed well (with Fox suspension set to climb), really nice to jump, confidence inspiring in the corners and lots of fun to descend. Yet, something just didn't quite click, couldn't exactly put my finger on what it was. My thought was maybe I just needed a bit more adjustment time from my AX29er.

Then I took out the L frame. A couple of minutes out on the trail and it was like this bike was an old friend. Everything just clicked!

The extra top tube length just felt right. I think I've found the next bike. And it goes to highlight how a good tet ride, back to back testing and going with what feels right for YOU is what really matters.

Living Ghetto Fabulous!
    Really don't know, but whoever has done it was pretty punctual in getting the right fonts, all models etc. I also found following link seems to match PDF on previous link (at least for TX29).

So where's the Reign X?

How about the XL sized Reign?

Quote Originally Posted by kidwoo
    The internet sounds like a tough place to ride.

E !

it is not a giant U.S.A. chart.

It is possibly legit from outside the U.S.A. All u.s.a. giant 2013 catalogs and specs are available. This chart is not included.
    the - E - dog