mtbr member

Front derailleur clamp size for NRS

Just picked up a 2004 Fall NRS composite 2. It was a steal for $1500, but want to replace all the LX parts with 960 XTR stuff. What is the front derailleur clamp size on the NRS composite frames? Is is 34.9 like the old NRS frames. Looks like a great ride so far, hope the upgrades do great things.

I <3 29ers
    Quote Originally Posted by spookyload
    Just picked up a 2004 Fall NRS composite 2. It was a steal for $1500, but want to replace all the LX parts with 960 XTR stuff. What is the front derailleur clamp size on the NRS composite frames? Is is 34.9 like the old NRS frames. Looks like a great ride so far, hope the upgrades do great things.
    NICE! Congrast!!!!

I'm not sure if the carbon frame's are the same or not, but you can make sure yourself. Take off the FD, then look inside the band (the band is that part that actually wraps around the seat tube). The size should be engraved in there.

If you do check then please post back with what it is, just for future referencing.

Enjoy!
    I ..... need ..... DIRT!!!!!

... and cookies.

mtbr member
    Sep 2005
    yes, 34.9mm. despite seatpost being 27.2mm (unlike the Aluxxx frames, the top of the carbon ones tapers in right up the top).

nice ride.

[size=1]
    - Giant NRS Composite - Giant XTC2 - Giant TCRCzero - Giant OCR1 -
    [/size]
    [size=1]- nothing stock here - move right along now -
    - Geelong area, Australia -
    [/size]