mtbr member
    Aug 2005

Frame weight for the Reign or Faith

Dudes, I think I'm gonna custom build my own Reign or Faith. I wanna get the weights right so I don't end up with a 45 lbs. bike haha. I want something a little heavier than the 31 lbs that comes stock due to all the xc stuff. I'm pretty brutal on my bike so I want exactly what I need for the money. Any of you guys ever weigh your frames? If you could let me know what they came out to so I can start researching, that'd be great.

-Rich

mtbr member
    Jun 2004
    my faith frame weighed out to be about 10-11 pounds. not incredibly for the type of bike it is. the reign is a very nice choice as well, i guess it comes down to what you'll be doing mostly.

if you get the faith just be wise about what your putting on it. mine weighed 46 when i first built it up but got it down to 42 with a few changes. like i said just be wise. it's easy to gain weight on your bike if you dont watch it

2010 Glory custom FR
    beauster, could you pls post specs of your Faith. My F2 was 45lbs out of box. I went down to 44 switching Junior T for Boxxer Race 05, but the bike is still heavy... what can I change to make it lighter?
    thx in advance

ps. I thought the frame was heavier...
    pozdro
    frango

mtbr member
    Jun 2004
    -faith frameset
    -03 marzocchi super t
    -mavic d321(ex729) laced to 20mm formula
    -sun ringle abba laced to d321(ex729)
    -avid juicy 7's 8 inch rotors
    -sdg i-beam seatpost with bel-air st
    -low ball sram casette and chain
    -sram x.0 deraileur
    -sram x.9 shifter
    -fsa k-force dh bars
    -kenda blue groove/nevegal combo
    -generic giant tubes
    -fsa platnum pro bb
    -had race face prodigy cranks (toasted them today)
    -low grade sealed bearing mosh pedals
    -e13 chainguide srs

i believe thats it, if im forgetting something feel free ro ask i dont mind at all. i think i could get the sucker down to 38, unfurtunately i need to start saving money

i dont want to derail this thread but i have a quickie for frango, i believe you have x-types on your faith? how do you like them? im considering evolve dh's or fsa gravitys which are 730 grams compared to the 12_ _ grams. is x-type worth it?

feel free to e-mail me beauster@gmail.com

mtbr member
    Aug 2005
    The "catalogue" frame weight of Faith is 5.5 kg (w/ shock) or 12.1 lbs. Wrenchscience reported it to weight 7.1 lbs, which got me fancying a new HC-trailbike. After finding out the 'truth', I began looking elsewhere..

BTW, does anybody use Faith for other than gravity-oriented stuff (flatland trailriding etc.)?

May contain nuts
    Quote Originally Posted by CupCrazynNJ
    Dudes, I think I'm gonna custom build my own Reign or Faith. I wanna get the weights right so I don't end up with a 45 lbs. bike haha. I want something a little heavier than the 31 lbs that comes stock due to all the xc stuff. I'm pretty brutal on my bike so I want exactly what I need for the money.

THe 06 R2 I rode today was kitted pretty light (317/Cerit wheelset, Revelation fork etc), they've lightened up the R2 on last year's spec, but even so it certainly doesn't come across as a bike for hucksters. It's just a longer travel Trance really. Felt like a very nice all-mountain bike......