Thread: frame choices

mtbr member
    Jan 2007

New question here. frame choices

I am looking at a couple of different frames, the Glory, the transition Blindside, and the specialized demo 8. the demo is the most expensive then the glory then the blindside. the glory has maestro and the demo has FSR and the blindside just has a single pivot with the swing link. what are your thoughts on these frames.

thanks for the input

mtbr member
    Oct 2006
    fsr is the most "middle of the road" suspension there is. It doesn't totally excel at anything, but does everything pretty well. Specialized bikes geometry is pretty sweet. The demo 8 is no different. Its a great bike

Transition has great CS, they're some of the best CS in the business, and their bikes are really fun. Not to mention, they dont break the bank.

I have a glory. Im absolutely in love with it. It pedals better then either of the other two, and holds speed better. Its harder to flick the rear end around then the demo 8 but I like how it corners alot better, and its definitely easier to hold a line through the rough stuff then the demo 8. My experience with a blindside is hopping on it in a parking lot and pedaling around for about 15 seconds, so my "actual ride" advice sucks.

Basically, all of those are fantastic choices. You'll love whatever you get, i would try and test ride all of them to see what you like the most