mtbr member
    Jul 2011

Float rp23 for trance x question.

So I found one in 7.25x1.25 and wanted to buy it for my trance x to replace the giant air-r shock. I think it says its low tune. Will that work with the trance? What does that mean?
    There's something about those long grueling climbs that gets my front end all stiff... And I'm not talking about lockout...

Quiet Professional
    7.25 is the eye to eye measurement of the shock and 1.25 is the stroke. What year is the trance x?

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    I understand the i2i and stroke but I was wondering what the volume tuning meant? My trance is a 26er 2012. I am actually going to send it into suspension experts and have it rebuilt/valved for my bike.

Living Ghetto Fabulous!
    Quote Originally Posted by kikoraa View Post
    I understand the i2i and stroke but I was wondering what the volume tuning meant? My trance is a 26er 2012. I am actually going to send it into suspension experts and have it rebuilt/valved for my bike.
    The stroke should be 1.75 FYI.

If you're going to send the shock in for a custom tune, I wouldn't worry about the standard compression value anyway...
    Quote Originally Posted by kidwoo
    The internet sounds like a tough place to ride.

mtbr member
    Jul 2011

Re: Float rp23 for trance x question.

Thanks. It was a typo. I bought a fox float rp23 7.25x1.75 for $65 Sending it to Sus experts next week. Shock looks to be in great condition. The owner tinkered with it and couldn't put it back together so all in all ill have under $200 in it.
    There's something about those long grueling climbs that gets my front end all stiff... And I'm not talking about lockout...