Too Kool for Skool

It feels like reign

im getting a reign 3 and want to know what u think of how its going to be 4 a urban/ light dudty freeride/ technicle trail bike.
    im going to put a rockring/bashguard on instead of a 3rd chain ring
    8" rotor upfront
    some mallet c's
    and when i get more cash (probably a year or so) a fox vanilla or talas fork (if im really lucky a 36 van)
    tell me what u think
    Last edited by theg1ant; 12-04-2005 at 10:25 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by coma13
    it's short but it's pretty.... just like a guatemalan hooker...

MBAA!
    You will probably miss your 3rd cog, and most of that stuff is unnecesary. A stock Reign 3 should be able to do all you mentioned adequetly, and most else wont make much of a difference.
    One of my friends recently died of a coke overdose and it really got me thinking, "damn, maybe I should start drinking pepsi"

Motion activated
    I just bought a Reign3, stripped it and built it up with the stuff of my old bike (which includes a 05' Vanilla set at 120mm).

The end result is a pretty steep HA (guesing it's about 70 - 71 with the fork at 120)). I think the pike will make a much better match as the AC is 10mm longer for the same travel and then you have and extra 10mm of travel over the nilla. Van36 would be nice, but would suck for extended climbing (at least here in CO).
    Happiness is a warm 2 stroke.

I just let one RIP
    Quote Originally Posted by en are es
    You will probably miss your 3rd cog, and most of that stuff is unnecesary. A stock Reign 3 should be able to do all you mentioned adequetly, and most else wont make much of a difference.
    It is a trail bike, not a race bike. You won't miss that 3rd ring in the least! Bash guard is only way to go on this kind of bike. 36 Vanilla is an awesome fork for teh bike. I have one on my '05 Reign 1 (wasn't particularly pleased with the Nixon--nice enough trail fork, but not so great for freeride or downhill) It will be a great bike for your listed purposes.

Too Kool for Skool
    im wondering if the extra torque from the 8" rotor will damage the fork (splice) before the fork damages itself or before i get a new one

I just let one RIP
    Quote Originally Posted by theg1ant
    im wondering if the extra torque from the 8" rotor will damage the fork (splice) before the fork damages itself or before i get a new one
    According to Manitou, all their trail forks are capable of running 8" rotors. You'll feel the budget-oriented Splice's shortcomings in other areas long before the dropouts break.

Too Kool for Skool
    sweet than that settles it. im no weatherman but it feels like its going to reign at my house