mtbr member
    Jul 2006

Does Avid Rollamajig fix NRS Ghost Shifting Problems?

I was reading here and noticed that alot of people seem to have good luck fixing the ghost shifting problems with the NRS by installing an Avid Rollamajig. My bike is an 02 NRS with XTR rd and I have been having a problem lately with ghost shifting.
    Last edited by rfd499; 07-13-2008 at 07:41 PM.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by rfd499
    I was reading here and noticed that alot of people seem to have good luck fixing the ghost shifting problems with the NRS by installing an Avid Rollamajig. My bike is an 02 NRS with XTR rd and I have been having a problem lately with ghost shifting.
    I had an 04 NRS 3 with full Shimano XT with the dual control and I was using a Avid rollamajig with the setup and it shift flawlessly. and never experience ghost shifting anymore!

Cycle Solutions
    The Anthem is also a good fix

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Benno
    The Anthem is also a good fix
    I think the Avid Rollamajig is a cheaper fix than the Anthem

SC Junkie

Ghost shift

I found full run housing from the main frame to the derailuer works quite well. Yes you will have to use zip ties. I have no experience with the Avid rollamajig on this frame. Hope this helps you.

More carbon fiber please!
    May 2008
    One other issue I saw with my NRS is that the derailleur hanger didn't allow the derailleur to be adjusted close enough to the cassette. Filing the area where the little tab is at resolved the issue immediately. I had fits during a ride after finishing the build. It adjusted fine on the stand but when riding it was horrible. Check that adjustment distance as it may surprise you. On my '05 C1 frame I was able to run full housing from the top tube to the derailleur as well. I used some plastic shims to hold the housing into the two slots on the seat stay tube. Works like a charm.

mtbr member
    Jul 2006
    What shims are you using? I have drilled cable holders and I am now using full housing.

More carbon fiber please!
    May 2008
    They came with the frameset. They're black nylon type with a flange on each end and a 'slice' down them lengthwise. They fit pretty well between the two cable guides and the cable inside them. I think the Shadow rear derailleur also helps out with nicer cable routing vs. a conventional loop of housing hanging out there. Here's a crappy photo:

mtbr member
    Jul 2006
    Thanks for the help...I will post my results when I get the problem fixed.