BLAH BLAH
    Mar 2008

Different Rear shock For My Reign X

So I am kinda wanting a different shock option for my Reign SX. Hoping for some input from the the rest of you Reign X and Reign owners. Currently I have Fox DHX RC2, which works pretty well for a lot of my riding but am curious how this bike works with an air shock. I am hoping it will make this bike a little more lively for trail riding, its great for ripping down rough stuff at speed right now but I maybe want something different for when the trail is a little tamer.

Do you think a air sprung DH shock like the Vector Air, Or Vivid Air would have a different enough feel? This maybe since I wouldn't have to swap shocks for the DH stuff and would gain high speed compression adjustment. It's either that or a more traditional trail shock like the RP23 or the O2 RSX.

I guess am just curious if this bike gets more lively with spring that ramps up like a air shock does. Keep in mind the DHX RC2 will stay in the mix.
    Whats this line for?

mtbr member
    I can tell you that the stock DHX-Air does not ramp-up. It gives you some control over progressiveness and bottom-out, but it is very easy to use all the travel if you use the bike for it's intended purpose. And the back of the bike does not feel very lively, at least compared to other similar-travel bikes I had the chance to ride.
    It probably has to do with frame design more than anything else..

mtbr member
    Jun 2007
    the vivid air is absolutely bonkers-good on the reign x. way more actively and lively than the vector HLR coil i rode the bike with, but still way more plush and smooth than an xc air shock (float for example), which really get over powered and wallowy due to the high leverage ratio, long travel and high dh speeds.

BLAH BLAH
    Mar 2008
    Thanks for the feed back Marshal. I had been looking stronger at the Vector Air than the Vivid but it sounds like I may be over looking a real contendor for what I am looking for.
    Whats this line for?

mtbr member
    Jun 2007
    i have not ridden the vector air, and i am sure its really nice, but the CCDB air and vivid air should really be at the top of the list.