mtbr member

Did I get ripped off?

My bike shop finally got me the NRS Air that I've been waiting for. However, it has a Skareb Elite fork on it not the Super. For those with these bikes (or working for Giant) has the company started specing a different fork from the brochure or did my shop pull a fast one on me?

Thanks guys!

On MTBR hiatus :(
    Complain loudly. The NRS Air not only promises a Skareb Super, it promises a Skareb Super with SPV. Hell, even the Skareb Comp that comes on this year's NRS1 has SPV. The Skareb Elite you received is standard spec on the NRS2, and I presume you paid considerably more than $1600 for your NRS Air.

The shop (or Giant) might say the manufacturer has the right to make last minute changes to the bike's spec, and this often happens based on part availability, but you have should expect similar components with comperable features and values. After all, that's part of the decision process for shelling that much money.

So whether it was your shop playing tricks on your or a change of spec at Giant, let them know you expect them to correct their mistake.