mtbr member

... and if we just ... From Dakar to VT (pics included)

After switching from various hardtail frames I got a Jamis Dakar. I wanted to see/feel what the F/S fuss was all about.

After almost 2 years of XC use I loved the Dakar but I was wondering how a longer travel bike will feel. One day while washing the bike I noticed a crak on the headtube. I quickly took a pic of the crack and posted it on the General Discussion forum. Some helpful folks help me determine that it was a crack indeed. I contacted the on-line store that I got the frame from and they quickly gave me a RA for the frame, after some months of waiting for Jamis to respond the store send me a demo frame.

By that time I really wanted a different frame, I posted my replacement frame on eBay and sold it in 2 days. What did I got? A brand new VT frame, that thing is sweeeet!

Come on VT owners, post a pic of your rig and tell us your stories!

Also, a pic of my not so Giant SSpeedster.

Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by DiRt DeViL; 12-31-2003 at 01:48 PM.

[paste title here]
    Sorry to hear about your jamis Dakar..... My Brother just got a 2003 Jamis XLT 1.0 and he noticed a crack (swingarm area) after his first day he rode it bike. Well we went back to the LBS and they quickly replaced the rear swingarm. My bro was gonna give them one more chance on that frame. Anyways just wanted to tell about his incident on Jamis. Its a nice bike though.

I dont own a VT but I do have a giant NRS 2.Great bike BTW. Do you have any more pics or your VT? Looks like you have a sweet ride.
    -mtnbikerdude87
    Keep Pedaling

mtbr member
    I'm trying to post the image of both of them but can't, any idea why?

I was in love with the Dakar, the love ended when Jamis took to long to even tell the store if they would replace or repair the frame. It took months and eventually the store send me the replacement frame.

Jamis used to have one of the best warranty service around but they are loosing sales with the bad reputation that they recently have.

[paste title here]
    Hmm posting two pics at a time.... Let me give it a try.....

New Seatpost.....

Edit: Looks like post two (or more) images works. I clicked on the (mtn) icon above and simply cut and pasted from uploading through the mtbr servers. It should look like [Img].jpg extension [img] Hope that helps....

-mtnbikerdude87
    Keep Pedaling

mtbr member
    How did you did it?

[paste title here]
    Quote Originally Posted by DiRt DeViL
    How did you did it?
    First I Uploaded the picture through the "old" MTBR forums one at a time. Then I went into here and clicked on the icon above the text box. (it looks like a Mountain with a sun on the corner, should be underneath the (font) stuff) I copied the red text from the picture I uploaded and pasted it into the img box. Pressed 'ok' and it just placed it into the text box. Hope that helps

-mtnbikerdude87
    Keep Pedaling

govt kontrakt projkt mgr
    But the problem becomes --what if the admin does away with the upload feature of the old MTBR.? I know we can have our images hosted somewhere else but that cost $$ if said "somewhere" allows sites like MTBR to display the images.

I've noticed the attach box allows attachment of multiple images--but with mutliple uploading through that, only links are displayed that a viewer will then have to click on.

Hopefully MTBR brings the old upload feature over, or fixes the system in place so multiple images are displayed.

HMMM--I wonder if after the links are posted, if one goes and edits the post if there is a way to paste those links in the image box and make it work that way. Too lazy to check any time soon.

Quote Originally Posted by mtnbikerdude87
    First I Uploaded the picture through the "old" MTBR forums one at a time. Then I went into here and clicked on the icon above the text box. (it looks like a Mountain with a sun on the corner, should be underneath the (font) stuff) I copied the red text from the picture I uploaded and pasted it into the img box. Pressed 'ok' and it just placed it into the text box. Hope that helps

-mtnbikerdude87

govt kontrakt projkt mgr

Idea!

It worked. I tested it out on one of the posts in the Trek thread
    paste the links' properties one at a time--not the links as they appear

Quote Originally Posted by ArmySlowRdr
    I've noticed the attach box allows attachment of multiple images--but with mutliple uploading through that, only links are displayed that a viewer will then have to click on.

Hopefully MTBR brings the old upload feature over, or fixes the system in place so multiple images are displayed.

HMMM--I wonder if after the links are posted, if one goes and edits the post if there is a way to paste those links in the image box and make it work that way. Too lazy to check any time soon.

mtbr member
    Mar 2004
    i also have a vt2 same color as yours was just wonderin what tire size are you using for the front and rear