Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 122
  1. #1
    ~Reformed Mechanic~
    Reputation: Ace5high's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    2,178

    Custom Anthem X 29ers...

    Let's see those customizations or Anthem X builds!

    Posters rewarded
    I do all my own stunts, but never intentionally...

  2. #2
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    44
    Here is mine:

    Frame: Anthem X 29 2012 size XL
    Fork: RockShox Reba RLT with pushloc
    Wheels: NoTubes Arch EX + DT Swiss 350 + DT Swiss Supercomp
    Tyres: Rocket Ron 2.25 & Racing Ralph 2.1 (tubeless)
    Cranks: Shimano XT 36/28
    Bar: Easton Haven carbon
    Shifters: SRAM X.0 Gripshift
    Brakes: Formula R1 160mm/160mm
    Stem: RaceFace 70 mm
    Front Derailleur: Shimano XTR
    Rear Derailleur: SRAM X.9
    Cassette: Shimano XT 11-34
    Pedals: Shimano XTR
    Saddle: Selle Italia XLR XC
    Seatpost: RockShox Reverb
    Grips: ODI
    Chain: KMC 9-speed

    weight: 25.2 lb
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Custom Anthem X 29ers...-anthem29.jpg  

    Last edited by Xizor1; 07-31-2012 at 01:20 AM.

  3. #3
    mtbr member
    Reputation: DerrickT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    255
    I built this for my fiance. This baby is 26.1 pounds.

    It's a 2013 Anthem X women's edition with Monarch RT.

    Fox F29 RLC 100mm
    Stan's Crest wheelset with stock hubs
    SRAM 1250 22-32-44 crankset
    SLX 3x10 shifters
    SLX cassette
    XT rear derailleur
    SLX front derailleur
    Giant 90mm inverted stem
    Giant 680 low riser bar
    Avid Elixir R 160mm/160mm rotors
    WTB Nano 2.1 RACE tubeless
    Giant Connect seatpost + Affinity Ti saddle


  4. #4
    ~Reformed Mechanic~
    Reputation: Ace5high's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    2,178
    Quote Originally Posted by DerrickT View Post
    I built this for my fiance. This baby is 26.1 pounds.

    It's a 2013 Anthem X women's edition with Monarch RT.

    Fox F29 RLC 100mm
    Stan's Crest wheelset with stock hubs
    SRAM 1250 22-32-44 crankset
    SLX 3x10 shifters
    SLX cassette
    XT rear derailleur
    SLX front derailleur
    Giant 90mm inverted stem
    Giant 680 low riser bar
    Avid Elixir R 160mm/160mm rotors
    WTB Nano 2.1 RACE tubeless
    Giant Connect seatpost + Affinity Ti saddl
    One of the first I've seen! Well played sir
    I do all my own stunts, but never intentionally...

  5. #5
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    781
    Quote Originally Posted by DerrickT View Post
    I built this for my fiance. This baby is 26.1 pounds.

    It's a 2013 Anthem X women's edition with Monarch RT.

    Fox F29 RLC 100mm
    Stan's Crest wheelset with stock hubs
    SRAM 1250 22-32-44 crankset
    SLX 3x10 shifters
    SLX cassette
    XT rear derailleur
    SLX front derailleur
    Giant 90mm inverted stem
    Giant 680 low riser bar
    Avid Elixir R 160mm/160mm rotors
    WTB Nano 2.1 RACE tubeless
    Giant Connect seatpost + Affinity Ti saddle

    Did she demo this bike or did you buy it for her as a surprise? I'm considering this for my wife or the Santa Cruz Superlight 29er in small but I can't find the Giant WS anywhere to demo for her. What to do?...

  6. #6
    Epic rider
    Reputation: rapsac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    330
    Here is mine. Posted before but couldn't resist :-)
    Custom Anthem X 29ers...-uploadfromtaptalk1343058451286.jpg

    Custom Anthem X 29ers...-uploadfromtaptalk1343058476206.jpg

    Verstuurd van mijn GT-I9100 met Tapatalk
    12 Anthem X29
    13 XTC 29

    07 Epic Marathon carbon
    04 Stumpjumper FSR Anniversary
    03 Stumpjumper FSR Pro
    00 Rockhopper Pro

  7. #7
    mtbr member
    Reputation: DerrickT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    255
    Quote Originally Posted by Rev. 14 View Post
    Did she demo this bike or did you buy it for her as a surprise? I'm considering this for my wife or the Santa Cruz Superlight 29er in small but I can't find the Giant WS anywhere to demo for her. What to do?...
    She previously rode a Cypher/Trance so we were fairly familiar with Giant's geometry.

  8. #8
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    40
    my 2012 anthem x29 1



    things i've changed so far..

    -american classic mtb 29 wheel set (tubeless w/ stans)
    -schwalbe rocket ron 29x2.25 - front
    -schwalbe racing ralph 29x2.1 - rear
    -kmc x10sl chain
    -shimano xt cassette
    -jagwire teflon cables & housing
    -sram lock on grips
    -shimano dx pedals
    -ism adamo peak saddle

    -reversed stem
    -custom fork mount mudguard

  9. #9
    ~Reformed Mechanic~
    Reputation: Ace5high's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    2,178
    Quote Originally Posted by streetrocket View Post
    -american classic mtb 29 wheel set (tubeless w/ stans)
    -schwalbe rocket ron 29x2.25 - front
    -schwalbe racing ralph 29x2.1 - rear
    -kmc x10sl chain
    -shimano xt cassette
    -jagwire teflon cables & housing
    -sram lock on grips
    -shimano dx pedals
    -ism adamo peak saddle

    -reversed stem
    -custom fork mount mudguard
    Looks good! Weight?
    I do all my own stunts, but never intentionally...

  10. #10
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    3,262
    Anthem X 29er Pics Thread

    + crest wheelset when racing.
    Now using Formula ORO brakes.

  11. #11
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    40
    Quote Originally Posted by Ace5high View Post
    Looks good! Weight?
    thanks!.. last time i checked it was around 27.6 lbs.. the shimano dx pedals and the adamo peak saddle are the ones on the heavy side..

  12. #12
    mtbr member
    Reputation: EndoanaJones's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    59
    [-ism adamo peak saddle

    How do you like your Adamo saddle?

  13. #13
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    40
    Quote Originally Posted by EndoanaJones View Post
    [-ism adamo peak saddle

    How do you like your Adamo saddle?
    well it took some time getting used to it but afterwards i like it very much now hehe no more numbness in the gooch

  14. #14
    mtbr member
    Reputation: RazeR1970's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    47

    2011 Anthem x29er

    Large frame. Upgrades include

    XTR trail brakes + Icetech rotors (180 f&r)
    Ritchey carbon bars
    ZTR race gold wheelset
    Schwalbe tyres (tubeless)
    XTR trail pedals

    weight: 11.65kgs (25.7lbs)

    I was shocked to learn that being 40 meant that I was a 'veteran'.....I still believe that I am 29

  15. #15
    mtbr member
    Reputation: EndoanaJones's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    59
    Quote Originally Posted by streetrocket View Post
    well it took some time getting used to it but afterwards i like it very much now hehe no more numbness in the gooch
    Yeah, I hate it when 'Mr Happy' takes a nap on the bike. I might have to demo an Adamo. I'd love to demo an Anthem too. I hear they're really sweet.

  16. #16
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    540
    2012 X0 Medium frame, Monarch RCT3 shock, SID RLT Forks
    Full Sram XX Groupset & Brakes
    Stans Crest Wheelset, Racing Ralph tires
    Easton EA70 Post
    Selle Italia saddle
    Ritchy WCS Carbon bars, ESI Grips
    CB Mallet Pedals

    weight 23.93lbs
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Custom Anthem X 29ers...-01n5c2516.jpg  

    Custom Anthem X 29ers...-01n5c2523.jpg  


  17. #17
    Your Best Friend
    Reputation: Silentfoe's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    2,946
    Nice build! Let's see a scale shot?
    I guide and rent bikes in Northern Utah

    http://www.facebook.com/AdventureEarthRides

  18. #18
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    35
    Before:



    After:









    2012 Anthem X 29er 1 (small frame)
    X0 drivetrain, cranks, brakes (HS1 180/160mm front/rear rotors)
    XX cassette, 1091R chain
    Easton EC70 XC riser bar (685mm)
    ESI silicon grips
    Crank Brothers Cobalt 11 offset seatpost
    ZTR Crest 29er laced to Chris King hubs, DT Super Comp spokes, blue alloy nipples, custom blue decals
    Schwalbe Racing Ralph Evo running tubeless
    XT SPD pedals

    Weight: 25.0 lbs / 11.3 kg
    Last edited by davecheng; 08-01-2012 at 10:36 AM.

  19. #19
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    867
    How is the Monarch shock vs the Fox RP23?

  20. #20
    ~Reformed Mechanic~
    Reputation: Ace5high's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    2,178
    Quote Originally Posted by Ranger Pride View Post
    How is the Monarch shock vs the Fox RP23?
    I personally don't care for the RP23's I find them to be far too active. Also the rebound damping is very fast compared to the Monarch's. When riding rp23's I end up turning the rebound damping almost all the way closed to keep from bouncing down the trail.

    I have not ridden one on the Anthem X but the last two bikes I tried with an RP23 one was VPP and the other was a single pivot and both behaved the same way as I described above. I think the Monarch's are the best rear shocks for the $, just my 2 cents.
    I do all my own stunts, but never intentionally...

  21. #21
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    118
    Quote Originally Posted by Ace5high View Post
    I personally don't care for the RP23's I find them to be far too active. Also the rebound damping is very fast compared to the Monarch's.
    But what if terrain ridden is multi root and small stones. Terrain looks flat but in fact You need o fly over those bumps - my feeling is that fast rebound is needed than and Monarch in my Anthem seems to be too slow.

  22. #22
    ~Reformed Mechanic~
    Reputation: Ace5high's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    2,178
    The maestro rear matched with the monarch is one of the best rear suspensions I've ridden, in most situations, I ride lots of roots in FL too. Ive never noticed a "rebound" issue myself on the RT. If you are having trouble with rebound you might consider contacting PUSH industries.
    I do all my own stunts, but never intentionally...

  23. #23
    Your Best Friend
    Reputation: Silentfoe's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    2,946
    Here's my experience. I work for a shop (for free stuff) on evenings and they sell Giant. FYI

    For two months I rode an Anthem X29er 2 with the Monarch, loved it. It pedaled great and had good manners on the trail. Compression damping was top notch.

    For the last two months I've been riding an Anthem X29er 1 with the RP23. I definitely do not like how it rides. I find myself using the pro pedal often and I don't feel like I can stand up and pedal. It actually amazes me that a great suspension design can behave so differently with two different shocks. Kind of eye opening on what a shock can do for a bike. Makes me wonder how many other bikes I, or other people decided they didn't like and it could have all (or most of it) been fixed by a different shock. I highly recommend to any Anthem owner that they swap out to a Monarch.

    As an aside, the Fox fork on the the 2 is unimpressive as well. For many reasons I have never found a Fox fork that rides as well as a comparable Rock Shox.
    I guide and rent bikes in Northern Utah

    http://www.facebook.com/AdventureEarthRides

  24. #24
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    118
    Ok i lowered the preasure about 10PSI in my Monarch and it made a huge difference - maybe because it was my weight edge. Well at my 176 LBS monarch with 200PSi seemed to be stiff but at 190PS almost all roots were eaten. Obviously SAG increased from 20 to 25% but i consider it as typical.

  25. #25
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    867
    Quote Originally Posted by Silentfoe View Post
    Here's my experience. I work for a shop (for free stuff) on evenings and they sell Giant. FYI

    For two months I rode an Anthem X29er 2 with the Monarch, loved it. It pedaled great and had good manners on the trail. Compression damping was top notch.

    For the last two months I've been riding an Anthem X29er 1 with the RP23. I definitely do not like how it rides. I find myself using the pro pedal often and I don't feel like I can stand up and pedal. It actually amazes me that a great suspension design can behave so differently with two different shocks. Kind of eye opening on what a shock can do for a bike. Makes me wonder how many other bikes I, or other people decided they didn't like and it could have all (or most of it) been fixed by a different shock. I highly recommend to any Anthem owner that they swap out to a Monarch.

    As an aside, the Fox fork on the the 2 is unimpressive as well. For many reasons I have never found a Fox fork that rides as well as a comparable Rock Shox.
    Great insights! I do like the way my RP23 smooths out the trail but do not like the feel when I get out of the saddle. I thought in the stiffest setting it would firm up better. I am even running about 5 PSI over my riding weight.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •