Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    mtbr member

Craig wins Nationals on a 1x9 Anthem X

My race rig all year has also been a 4 inch travel 1x9. Guess I can't blame the bike anymore.

Oh, his bike was alum, not carbon.

http://www.velonews.com/photo/80454

mtbr member
    Dec 2007
    as i have imagined and expected,the new placement of the rear shock for the anthem x would be vertically standing,like the stumpjumper.

mtbr member
    [SIZE=2]Wow, thatís fugly, if you will excuse me I need to go pray the real bike is substantially nicer than that prototype.

[/SIZE]

mtbr member
    Oct 2006
    is dw coming to giant? that really looks a whole hell of alot like dw....I know that its not all looks, but i thought that giant got around the dw patent by shock placement and having it not cross the bottom link or something silly...

hmmm

anyway, cool though

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by William42
    is dw coming to giant? that really looks a whole hell of alot like dw....I know that its not all looks, but i thought that giant got around the dw patent by shock placement and having it not cross the bottom link or something silly...

hmmm

anyway, cool though
    [SIZE=2]Giant has been using the Maestro suspension for around 4 years now, where you been?

In answer to your question, Giant has not got around the DW patent yet, they keep getting refused a US patent on Maestro for that reason, if Dave really wanted to stop Giant selling the bikes, theoretically he could as he is the patent holder and [SIZE=2]Maestro infringes the patent at the moment[/SIZE].
    [/SIZE]

mtbr member
    DW has hinted in the IH forum that they've been in court over the past couple years. Whatever, that's for them to waste time on, not us.
    Back on topic, what I don't get is that the Anthem X looks almost exactly like a Trance. I thought it would be a longer travel Anthem which would appease the racers, but this I just don't get -- even with Adam winning races on it, it doesn't LOOK like a racer. Looks like a trail bike to me.

mtbr member
    [SIZE=2]It has been known for a while that they would change the shock position as they (and so do I after riding them) believe it works better in the Tranceís position. Personally I believe that what they will come out with is a Trance (named Anthem X) with steeper angles, a lighter frame and a few other tweaks and obviously a much shorter head tube.

Other people have apparently seen it and I donít believe it will look like that for the final production version, c[SIZE=2]ome on hydroforming!
    [/SIZE][/SIZE]

mtbr member
    Oct 2006
    That guy has balls to do an XC race with one ring!
    Go BIG or Go HOME

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by CountryBoy
    That guy has balls to do an XC race with one ring!
    It's not that crazy. I race every race on a 1x9. It just makes sense to me.

TranceX Rider

Good job! It's not the bike, it's the rider! Sort of thing...

Just for stronger racers like Justin here! Kudos!

Let's ride!
    Quote Originally Posted by jcatienza
    There was no need to scare potential buyers and burn bridges "buddy"
    Tell me now, what's Product testing all bout then?

mtbr member
    Jan 2006
    Hmm, how come there is no picture of the complete bike. It seems Anthem X will be like a shorter travel of Trance X. I wonder if the original Anthem will stick to the current design or it will follow Anthem X.

Oh well, guess Giant will possibly have the ugliest XC race lineup for 09
    07 Giant Anthem 2 (Int'l Edition) | omartan.co.cc
    Im a MOJO Fanboy

mtbr member
    Jul 2006
    You need not worry about the looks... I've seen the 2009 lineup and it looked really fast standing still. The colors were not the same as Craigs bike.

I AM I AM
    I thought there were already some pictures floating around (of the trance, glory etc). I thought the new design made sense and looked good. I reckon they will streamline the lot, so the design will be the same throughout.

mtbr member
    Apr 2005
    Hey, as I mentioned in another thread, there is a small photo of the complete bike in Mountain biking Australia magazine, although did mention that they dont reckon its the final version. The magazine does say they wil have a full review on the bike in the next issue.

Cheers

mtbr member
    Jul 2006
    The final version do exist, it's already in the printing... So it's no prototype, just a pre production bike or a repainted production bike.

I AM I AM
    Yeah if they're reviewing in the next issue that will be in 3 months time (it sucks that the mag only comes out 4 times a year, but they do publish a road mag as well so yeah).
    Anyway my point being is that they may or may not have their hands on one yet, after all in 3 months the whole top end range will be out in the shops anyway, or close to it. I don't think it would make sense for them to review a prototype version, but I guess you never know.

Just roll it......
    Wow, nice win by Craig. He's certainly a badazz rider (fit and skilled)......

Anyone know how he did in the Super D (since he usually dominates in those)?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by ebxtreme
    Wow, nice win by Craig. He's certainly a badazz rider (fit and skilled)......

Anyone know how he did in the Super D (since he usually dominates in those)?

He repeated last year's win.

http://www.cyclingnews.com/mtb/2008/...s08/?id=stages

mtbr member
    Aug 2005
    I would not call what he races Super D, but that is me. Still big props on the 1x9. What size ring does he run?

Just roll it......
    Quote Originally Posted by MaddSquirrel
    I would not call what he races Super D, but that is me. Still big props on the 1x9. What size ring does he run?
    Why wouldn't you call it Super D? Are you saying that because the Le Mans start or because there's not enough tech in the Mt. Snow route or.......

The velonews article said he was running a 35 tooth on his Anthem for the XC race. Not sure about during the Super D.....didn't say.

EB

sinner
    Jan 2007
    Adams Anthem X has a slightly slacker HT angle and a Lower BB. 4 inches of rear travel.
    I rode it earlier this week and it was a nice ride. He should be racing it @ mt st. anne this weekend.

mtbr member
    Jan 2006
    I rode it earlier this week and it was a nice ride. He should be racing it @ mt st. anne this weekend.
    I see, any pictures and any news on the bike weight?
    Im a MOJO Fanboy

sinner
    Jan 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by wheelhot
    I see, any pictures and any news on the bike weight?

No pics, to busy riding and I didn't even ask the weight. Lighter than my bike.

mtbr member
    Jan 2006
    Lighter than my bike.
    Which is?
    Im a MOJO Fanboy

mtbr member
    Aug 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by ebxtreme
    Why wouldn't you call it Super D? Are you saying that because the Le Mans start or because there's not enough tech in the Mt. Snow route or.......

The velonews article said he was running a 35 tooth on his Anthem for the XC race. Not sure about during the Super D.....didn't say.

EB
    Not enough tech I guess. I think of Super D, I think almost enduro DH with a little XC. I think the Le Mans starts shoud stay and be incorporated in every Super D race. Pretty cool type of start, pure havoc.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast