Living Ghetto Fabulous!

Clutch MTB Solutions ISCG Chain Guide Adapter for Giant

Pretty sweet!

Now you can run a full chain guide on current Reign (pre-2013) Trance and Anthem models that use press fit BB's

Linky.

I have no affiliation with the guys who thought this up. Just wish they'd thought of it sooner... I'd almost do this with an older frame than risk the new one snapping lower links from the addition of factory ISCG tabs.
    Quote Originally Posted by kidwoo
    The internet sounds like a tough place to ride.

mtbr member
    Mar 2013
    Sorry for reviving a dead thread but I cannot find the answer to this question. I have a 2006 trance 4 does it have a BB mount as well and so this would work?

Living Ghetto Fabulous!
    This won't work on your bike. In fact, you don't need it at all. Your BB is the threaded style, which you can mount "BB mount" chainguides to. Giant went to the press-fit BB like the one pictured in 2010.

mtbr member
    Mar 2013
    Awesome thanks!

mtbr member
    Oct 2012
    Any reviews lately? I heard it is not really effective, something about slipping at the BB shell and chain tension? I'm looking to order one for a 2011 Trance X (ALUXX not carbon) and will be running a 2x10 (3x originally but big ring replaced with bash) with Blackspire Stinger CG.

Thanks!

Living Ghetto Fabulous!
    Quote Originally Posted by tryinghardrider View Post
    Any reviews lately? I heard it is not really effective, something about slipping at the BB shell and chain tension? I'm looking to order one for a 2011 Trance X (ALUXX not carbon) and will be running a 2x10 (3x originally but big ring replaced with bash) with Blackspire Stinger CG.

Thanks!
    I haven't heard of any slipping issues.

A friend of mine tried this for a 2 ring setup and couldn't get it to work... Clutch derailleur is your best bet at this point.