mtbr member
    Jul 2005

Chainstay protector for the Trance

Hey what is up with the chainstay protectors??? None of them fit right. Got lizard skin Jumbo... dind't work, way too small, then got Super Jumbo.. Way to big...

Anyway, in search for an answer, contemplated taping an old tube/electrical tape, but decided to do a lil craftiwork. Cut my Super Jumbo to size, and now it fits perfect.. tight... slim.. just sexy protection tis all. Did the stitching w/ blue string... matches!

Attached Images Attached Images

Johny Sokko!
    Quote Originally Posted by nitronikon
    Hey what is up with the chainstay protectors??? None of them fit right. Got lizard skin Jumbo... dind't work, way too small, then got Super Jumbo.. Way to big...

Anyway, in search for an answer, contemplated taping an old tube/electrical tape, but decided to do a lil craftiwork. Cut my Super Jumbo to size, and now it fits perfect.. tight... slim.. just sexy protection tis all. Did the stitching w/ blue string... matches!

I have heard this before, I still bought a jumbo and was able to put it on. You need to pull and attach an inch at a time then go back and readjust the areas that need adjusting. I have had it on with no problems.

IMBA Canada
    Aug 2004
    I took mine off a Cannondale bike... fits perfectly! Added 2 tie-wraps.... doesn't move! does the job. I've also added clear 3M frame protector on the downside of the upper part of the rear triangle... So far, no scratch!