mtbr member
    Nov 2006

Chainguide for 08 Reign X1

Looking for a good chain guide that wont have fitment issues with the X1. I run it as a 1X9 now using the front der. as the ghetto style top guide but I would like to move on to a proper setup. Any suggestion as to what others are using and if you are happy or unhappy with the performance and fit. I've been looking at the MRP minime setup as I run a 34T front and their chart shows fitment for my bike. The E13 setup seems popular but I dont really care for the bashguard... looks too much like a steam train part. Any suggestions or help is greatly appreciated. Thanks

jeff
    www.madkobayashi.com
    www.shorelinecycleworld.com
    06 Transition Vagrant
    08 Gaint Reign X1

mtbr member
    I know what you mean....

I have the XO now and I am running the DRS E-13 system chain guide system and it was crap...it had not enough rotational adjustment for me to get the appropriate chain tention. The plastic is very poor quality and it had to be modded in order too make it fit well. The part was the correct part and my XO as you know, which is the same as your X1 has the IS ISCG bolt pattern, yet the DRS E-13 system was a poor fit and too expensive for what it was.

So I would pass on that peice of equipment and get something esle.

Blackspire also do a DRS type of Chain guide which looks better than the E-13 with a lighter bash gaurd and with more aesthetic treatment too. It has the stepped roller guide and is also cheaper but is more than comparable in quality if not better.

Some may or may not aggree, but this is my experience with actually having this product as a review peice.

But, get a wide opinion and see what YOU think is the best tool for the job and dont BUY INTO the whole brand name of an object.

mtbr member
    Nov 2006
    Thanks for the input.

jeff
    www.madkobayashi.com
    www.shorelinecycleworld.com
    06 Transition Vagrant
    08 Gaint Reign X1

mtbr member
    your handle..."Mad Kobayashi". Are you in J-Land now mate... (kobayashi-san)

Members who have read this thread: 0