mtbr member
    Apr 2009

Build Kit for 2008 Trance X2 XL Frame? ?

I have the opportunity to buy a Giant Trance X2 Frame (Size XL) from a friend. It would include the RP2 rear shock but thats it. I'm trying to get an idea of how much it would cost to build the bike up from there. Could anyone recommend some build kits/front shocks and give me an idea of how much it would cost? Thanks.

mtbr member
    Feb 2008
    You might be able to score some good forks that are on close out as new models are coming out soon. I saw a Fox Talas for 550 CDN awhile back or a RockShox Recon for ~ 400 $CDN. Need to hunt around abit for the good deals.

Chainreaction cycles can build a good wheelset for cheap, ie hope pro 2 wheelset build ~ 350$ CDN .

I almost sold my 2008 X0 kit (XT/XTR/Race Face Deus/Juicy 7 kit) for 700 CDN (came across a giant XTC frame for cheap so I a might build it up).

So wheels + fork + usedkit ~ 1400$ CDN? Total guesstimate.
    Last edited by civil; 04-18-2009 at 06:37 PM.

Northeastern Rider
    Feb 2009
    what level build are you looking into?
    "The original concept of freeriding was that there was no set course, goals or rules to abide by. "
    Mountain Riders

mtbr member
    Apr 2009
    I actually ended up finding a good deal on a built Trance from a bike store and went with that. Although the frame was a good deal I decided that with my limited knowledge of bikes it was better to just buy a complete build from a bike shop. Thanks for you help.