mtbr member
    Jul 2011

Bought another one......

The wife decided her hardtail pavement bike had to go and she wanted to go the full suspension route. After careful consideration and letting her test ride more than a handful of bikes she decided she wanted a Yukon like mine. So we went yesterday and bought her a 2012 Yukon FX. We'll get actual pictures of the two bikes together but heres the stock photo for now.

2010 Giant Yukon FX
    Pure XCR Wheelset/Geax Saguaro Tires/Tubeless
    Bike Weight Lost: 2.48lbs (1124g)

mtbr member
    Jul 2011

Our Yukons together!
    2010 Giant Yukon FX

mtbr member
    Sep 2010
    What size is your's vs your wife's? I'd be interested to know what your opinion is on the handling characteristics of the different sizes... assuming your wife gives you a shot on hers!

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    My wife is 5'9" and actually decided on a large frame as well. So, aside from color and the handful of component changes between 10 and 12, our bikes are identical. She tried a medium frame but it still felt to small for her. Shes ridden mine a handful of times on 10+ mile trail rides and likes the way it rides.

As far as the component list goes...

2010 => 2012
    Rock Shox Dart 2 => SR Suntour XCM V3 (Kinda a moot point, but the SR does have 30mm stanchions whereas my RS only has 28mm)
    Hayes MX4 Mechanicals => Hayes MX5 Mechanicals (Again, kinda a moot point)
    SRAM X7 Front Der => SRAM X5 Front Der (Not sure why the downgrade but Im sure she wont ever notice the difference and if she does, or it malfunctions X7's are cheap enough I'll upgrade it.)
    FSA Cranks (spec says Truvativ ISO Flow but mine came with FSA's) => SR Suntour XCT-V2
    2010 Giant Yukon FX