mtbr member
    May 2008

Bike shop and Suspension

I took my 2013 Giant Trance XO into the shop today and told the guy how I just wast feeling this suspension because it rides like junk. Too hard on the small stuff and too soft on the big stuff. Next thing I know it was three on one telling me how I am jacked up and my settings are off. I have tried everything to like the suspension. Too little pressure, too much pressure and it just doesn't seem to work right. The bottom line is they said more than likely the oil from the factory amounts are off and that is why it doesn't work very well. Any thoughts to my suspension issues and the shop? I weigh 205 and have a motorcycle background so I have some knowledge of settings and performance.

Thanks

mtbr member
    Start with telling us what shock and fork are on the bike, and what your settings are.

mtbr member
    Sep 2013
    It is a little bit difficult for a suspension to be hard on small stuff and soft on big unless the big are a 3 meters drop to flat. Could you tell us your sag and rebound settings?

mtbr member
    Nov 2011
    I felt this way on '12 X1, but I had mistakenly set my fork and shock pressures while in climb vs descend mode. Upon setting them to correct settings, and redoing my pressures and sag it made a world of difference for me. My 2 cents there, give that a shot.