Results 1 to 8 of 8
  1. #1
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    9

    bianchi bikes with nrs suspension

    Some time ago I read an article in local bike magazine saying that italian bike manufacturer Bianchi purchased the license for nrs suspension system and will use it on its full suspension model Bianchi Caal. Does this bike seems familiar to you?


    http://www.bianchi.com/en/products/p...idmaster=23126

  2. #2
    MBAA!
    Reputation: en are es's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    292
    Quote Originally Posted by MartinXC
    Some time ago I read an article in local bike magazine saying that italian bike manufacturer Bianchi purchased the license for nrs suspension system and will use it on its full suspension model Bianchi Caal. Does this bike seems familiar to you?


    http://www.bianchi.com/en/products/p...idmaster=23126
    So? Giant no longer produces new NRS models anyways. The contract with Raleigh and (I believe) Specialized that kept the NRS golden for so long expired recently, thats why they went Maestro.

    But it does look almost exactly like an NRS. It is the same design after all.

    Wierd though, looking at the specs:
    Rear shock - 165mm
    Fork - 100mm travel

    From the looks of things, the front triangle was re-designed to incorporate 5" travel forks. The rear shock... is it 5" travel as well? The arms look a tad longer than the NRS design has, er... had.
    One of my friends recently died of a coke overdose and it really got me thinking, "damn, maybe I should start drinking pepsi"

  3. #3
    MBAA!
    Reputation: en are es's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    292
    See this (not letting me edit my post :-/ sorry)



    Im curious how they shoved on a 100mm fork...
    One of my friends recently died of a coke overdose and it really got me thinking, "damn, maybe I should start drinking pepsi"

  4. #4
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    120
    Quote Originally Posted by en are es
    The contract with Raleigh and (I believe) Specialized that kept the NRS golden for so long expired recently, thats why they went Maestro.
    I don't think so. The NRS concept was becoming quite dated. I think it was time for Giant to come with new suspension technology.

  5. #5
    MBAA!
    Reputation: en are es's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    292
    Quote Originally Posted by Xioz
    I don't think so. The NRS concept was becoming quite dated. I think it was time for Giant to come with new suspension technology.
    It was still a highly succesful frame. It was outdatd and such, but they still were essentialyl forced to come up with something new. Probably, with the choice, they would have created a new design like Maestro anyways...
    One of my friends recently died of a coke overdose and it really got me thinking, "damn, maybe I should start drinking pepsi"

  6. #6
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Smidge's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    186
    Cool the NRS lives on!! Made me happy that has. Shows you what a fantastic design it is.

  7. #7
    MTB B'dos
    Reputation: LyNx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    17,436
    Quote Originally Posted by en are es
    Wierd though, looking at the specs:
    Rear shock - 165mm
    Fork - 100mm travel

    From the looks of things, the front triangle was re-designed to incorporate 5" travel forks. The rear shock... is it 5" travel as well? The arms look a tad longer than the NRS design has, er... had.
    Actually that's the shock length eye to eye 165mm/6.5", same as what's used on my 4" travel Trance. Rockers are what would make the diff. Don't knowe who'd ant one an yways with the new Maestro stuff out now, unless you're a serious racer and even then I'm not sure I wouldn't still go for the newer Maestro stuff.
    One day your life will flash before your eyes, will it be worth watching??
    MTB Barbados
    My Phantom pics

  8. #8
    MBAA!
    Reputation: en are es's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    292
    Quote Originally Posted by LyNx
    Actually that's the shock length eye to eye 165mm/6.5", same as what's used on my 4" travel Trance. Rockers are what would make the diff. Don't knowe who'd ant one an yways with the new Maestro stuff out now, unless you're a serious racer and even then I'm not sure I wouldn't still go for the newer Maestro stuff.
    Yeah really, especially with the Anthem now out.

    I know I would get one if I had the funds
    One of my friends recently died of a coke overdose and it really got me thinking, "damn, maybe I should start drinking pepsi"

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •